Is this a genuine Aisin waterpump?

I would be looking for eBay videos on this as well. One thing I've noticed from such videos is that often the counterfeit stuff is in boxes marked "Made in Japan" where as the real thing is marked as made someplace else.

So can you post detailed pictures of the box it came in?

No markings on these,
There's your answer...

No markings on these,
The middle one has the markings.

Mine came in a nice Aisin box, everything wrapped, even destructions for the job.

Attachments

• 20210729_091325.jpg
    20210729_091325.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 26
The 4.7L is an interference engine with excellent reliability. What's the difference in parts cost between eBay and a local Dealer? $200? I checked your eBay link and tried to look at the original listing. The original listing is not available anymore.

Last edited:
You have to click on, See Original Listing, next to the title.
I clicked on "See Original Listing" which is to the right of this title, "Toyota 4.7 Timing Belt Kit". It takes me to a page that states, "This listing has ended." So, does this imply anything? I also searched for "Toyota 4.7 timing belt kit" and found that many sellers sold hundreds of kits.

And will those have that Aisin name on the water pumps? That's the question.
Mine doesn't. I'm in SoCal & got the package in 2 days with the cheapest shipping. To me that implies it came from their Torrance, CA or somewhere else near location.

You can always take a vacation to San Diego, we can meet up for a beer & then compare units. 😉

And will those have that Aisin name on the water pumps? That's the question.
I’ve changed many water pumps and most all have been Aisin. I have seen where they have ground the Toyota logo off of Aisin brand pumps but I’ve not seen where they grind off an Aisin logo.

Back