Is there a snake oil that'll really remove carbon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: paulo57509
I've always wondered if using something like a Hudson garden sprayer filled with hot water and misted/shot into the throttle body would work?

That might work, or an old Windex bottle filled with hot water.

yes, the pump pressure garden sprayers works, i did it once. ive also used spray bottles but the sprayer can deliver a lot more and as a horizontal spray/mist. Use max hot tap water. i use my left hand and a long screwdriver to turn the manual throttle blade opener.

reading the other threads, i just thought of a super cleaner based on what ive done before.

Dump a bottle of Redline, Regane, Techron, Valvoline take your pick as a shock tx. Adjust fuel level to degree of shock you want, it could run bad.

Drive 30 min get the engine good and hot, find a place to pop the hood. remove intake and maf for access to throttle body.

Take out that garden sprayer with a couple qts hot water in it. while revving the engine and opening the throttle blade, shoot that water in. Be careful and increase revs, find the point where you can shoot it and not make the engine lurch.

i've seen my headers glow orange doing this. that's probably excessive.

Then shut down and put the stuff away and take out a can of throttle body cleaner. After awhile shoot like half the can into the intake and throttle body. I've done it hot and cold and somewhat short of hot is better or it smokes and stinks pretty bad. i'd wait 15 min at least after water torture.

After that, let it soak and then it's hard to start but it usually runs strong after i've done this. oh and clean the MAF with MAF spray. then drive and italian tune up if roads permit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back