Is there a recommended oil for short tripping

My daughter does a lot of short tripping. Is there an oil that is best for that?
That's kind of like "whats the best oil question".

Lot of factors, how short? In what temperatures? In what engine? DI ? MPFI?

In cold weather, SOME DI engines tend to dilute the oil with fuel. MPFI not so much. 2 mile trips? 5 mile trips? Are there any longer trips on the weekend that allow for fuel dilution burn off?

I think you would need to do a few UOA's to determine how the oil is holding up to those trips.

Normally aspirated port injected Hyundai 3.5. Older model seldom gets oil up to temp in town. Maybe 8 minute drive.

most any 5w-30 synthetic, ( high milage preferred), name brand you can find at wall-mart and Fram ultra filter would be with current specs.

With an na 3.5 in maryland winters I think I'd just use 0/5w-40 and change it yearly or 4-5k. I bet the tan and tbn will still be good after a year of short tripping with 4-5k miles.

How about any of the Euro 0w30/40 for all year round? Very cheap at Walmart, especially Quaker State. If you go with a Fram OF, make sure to get the Ultra and above… I really like the MicroGard Select OF’s from Oreilly’s

Back