Is Super Tech Precise Mix 2T made by SOPUS? [pics]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't help but notice that the production numbers and date codes for a bottle of Super Tech Precise Mix 2-Cycle Engine Oil and bottles of Pennzoil Air-Cooled and Quaker State 2-Cycle Oil all looked very similar. (All bottles are from the summer of 2009) The emergency contact number for the Super Tech bottle -- (800) 782-7852 -- rings to a Shell automated answering system.

Odor-wise, I'd have to say that the ST's odor is closer to the QS 2T than the PZL-AC, based on a couple of quick wafts. Both ST and QS 2T have a heavy sulfur type of odor to it. (Yeah, I'll need an advance registration to Johnny's future Rehab Clinic for BITOG Petroleum Product Sniffers)

On the other hand, the production number for the PZL-AC is closer to the ST's number.

Is SOPUS making Super Tech Precise Mix 2-Cycle Oil? It looks like, to me at least, like that the case. If so, which SOPUS brand do you think is formulating the ST -- PZL or QS?

Please look at the pictures and comment.

(I'm sorry that some of the pics are fuzzy in the post. My camera only has auto-focus and it doesn't do close-ups very well. The Super Tech bottle is slightly curved at the edges, which blurred the label's edge on my scanner.)

First, the product group photo:
ojeekp.jpg

The ST Label:
zjax6d.jpg

The ST Date code:
2uidavr.jpg

The PZL Label w/date code:
2dqodqh.jpg

The QS Label w/date code:
34zgkyo.jpg

Because Shell (SOPUS) owns Pennzoil and QS.

Looks like all three were made at the same blending/packaging plant by looking at those date codes. But I have no idea if they are the same. I know at one time the Pennzoil Air Cooled was a different product than the QS, but I have no clue now. The only one I've ever used is the Pennzoil and it is an extremely good product.

Thanks, Johnny.

I suspect that the PZL-AC and the QS 2T are still different -- the QS is JASO FA & FB rated on the label, while the PZL-AC is JASO M345 registered as FC & FD. Strangely, PZL didn't put that info on the label.

I suspect that the ST is one of the two formulations (whichever is cheaper to manufacture), as I don't think it wouldn't be cost-effective to create another formulation when you already have two good ones to chose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back