is Regular oil safe for '03 BMW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see just how low AJ has sunk. Whether I'm a girl or not is germain to anything in this thread how?

Down to infantile whining and insults he is.

Oh, by the way AJ, dear, dear boy, I have yet to pay $200, or even $100 for an oil change. I would explain to you that they are free, but that would be above your head. But i'll try anyway.

For you see my boy, my car is under what we call a warranty. Not the 90 warranty the Ford dealer that sold me the car gives, but the balance of the 4 year, 50,000 mile BMW uses. So you see, I haven't paid for anything. The oil changes, the heater control unit, the mirrors that wouldn't darken.....

Now, yes, I did buy an extended warranty, but considering the two front and one rear brake rotor replacement, I would say that I've saved 2-3,000 dollars. Simple math.

My dear boy, if you have paid attention, I've said that using the specified oil is the thing to do. Now I know the fact that an expert in the field says the same sticks in your craw, but we all have to live with a little dissapointment.

Now have I said that the 15k OCI is valid? Well, if you had bothered to look to one of the links provided, you'd see an engine that has done just that. And yes, God yes, I've done it too.

Do try to be a good little boy, and just accept the fact that the bimmer owners in this thread, and a few others, just don't worship at the dino altar. And certainly, don't agree with your ill made arguement. If you do, I'll give you a lollipop.

And maybe, just maybe, when you reach the right age, your mommy will buy you a nice shiny bimmer all your own. And then you can be all grown up, and actually prove your theory.

See, I can be condescending too. But I'm more stylish about it.
Be a good boy, and remember. Nobody respects a loudmouth that doesn't back their claims. Or someone who treats a man like Doug Hillary the way you do.

Bye......

Last edited:
I just have to walk away from this. Just going in circles, and sinking to a level I don't want to go to.

I'll just have to warn people that if they come here, and dare to say that they follow the mfg's specs for oil, they're in for a barrage of insults and grief.

Much quicker to put up a site that says the same I suppose.

sigh.....

When was the last time an oil was added to the BMW LONG-LIFE -01 spec sheet anyway? How many new oil formulas have come out since then? It's a LONG-LIFE spec, yes. When then if I don't want LONG intervals, I can disregard it, right? I say so, since all the physical parameters are met by oil that's 1/3 or less in price. You know, those oils that didn't even exist when the the spec was concieved...duh.

You guys conveniently forget or disregard 90% of my posts, instead fretting about people's reputatins and, lol, "feelings".
The pathetic cost analysis Trajan attempted is quite awkward, as a 5000-6000 dino oci has far more of a safety cushion than the extended synth intervals. This is expecially true if you look at the matching TBN of the two oils. Same TBN, 1/3 the cost...by Trajan's tortured logic has it as a more costly approach.

The most tortured logic is by far Trajan's refusal to observe BMWs recommended change intervals, rather HALVING them to the point dino oil would work fine at. That's brilliant reasoning (not) and basicly represents the opposite of what this forum is all about.

One more thing, you don't pay for oil changes, BMW does. That's hardly an objective starting point for you. What I don't get is, BMW changes it at 15k, but you want it changed at "7500", who pays for that? I mean, why bother, since the examples of 15k engines that you are so fond of look so pristine?

Used BMW purchase at a Ford dealer, "priceless".

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
When was the last time an oil was added to the BMW LONG-LIFE -01 spec sheet anyway? How many new oil formulas have come out since then? It's a LONG-LIFE spec, yes. When then if I don't want LONG intervals, I can disregard it, right? I say so, since all the physical parameters are met by oil that's 1/3 or less in price. You know, those oils that didn't even exist when the the spec was concieved...duh.

You guys conveniently forget or disregard 90% of my posts, instead fretting about people's reputatins and, lol, "feelings".
The pathetic cost analysis Trajan attempted is quite awkward, as a 5000-6000 dino oci has far more of a safety cushion than the extended synth intervals. This is expecially true if you look at the matching TBN of the two oils. Same TBN, 1/3 the cost...by Trajan's tortured logic has it as a more costly approach.

The most tortured logic is by far Trajan's refusal to observe BMWs recommended change intervals, rather HALVING them to the point dino oil would work fine at. That's brilliant reasoning (not) and basicly represents the opposite of what this forum is all about.

One more thing, you don't pay for oil changes, BMW does. That's hardly an objective starting point for you. What I don't get is, BMW changes it at 15k, but you want it changed at "7500", who pays for that? I mean, why bother, since the examples of 15k engines that you are so fond of look so pristine?

Used BMW purchase at a Ford dealer, "priceless".

I take it you own this sweater?

Green%20Last%20Word%20Hoodie.jpg

Why are you guys still posting if you don't have anything to say? I'm busy looking up some API specs....not that I didn't put this sick puppy to sleep five pages ago.

Why are you guys still posting if you don't have anything to say? I'm busy looking up some API specs....not that I didn't put this sick puppy to sleep five pages ago.

That statement just failed harder than Ray Charles at a swimsuit competition.

The only thing you put to sleep was your audience.

crackmeup2.gif

Enjoy my next $200 oil change.
crackmeup2.gif

Why not? They're free for me.
crackmeup2.gif

Except for the ones I do at my expense. And even they don't come anywhere near $100. Let alone $200
crackmeup2.gif

God, the boy should become a comedian.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

Right, 1200 views in the last two days, all just to read your one-liners.
smirk2.gif

Major malfunction.

50.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

Right, 1200 views in the last two days, all just to read your one-liners.
smirk2.gif

Major malfunction.

50.gif

Ultra-fail! My one and only "one-liner" was posted what, 20 minutes ago?

Talk about EGO man. Yes, you are as popular as Jack Nicholson and everybody flocks to this board to giddily wait for you to tear a strip off of somebody more qualified to speak on this topic than you will ever be.

But hey, if that is what gets you through.......

http://www.imakenews.com/lng/e_article001342908.cfm?x=bf7bMpH,b4bRbnH9

GEOS actually includes two distinct products, GEOS A and GEOS B, Johnson explained. GEOS A is intended for worldwide use as factory-fill engine oil in GM gasoline engines, and as service-fill for GM worldwide, except in Europe.

GEOS B is intended for worldwide use as factory-fill and service-fill oil in GM light-duty diesel engines. It is also intended as the service-fill engine oil for GM gasoline engines in Europe.

Both versions require additional hurdles above and beyond the slate of engine sequence and physical and chemical tests that are used to certify oils for ILSAC GF-4. GEOS candidate oils will undergo most of those same tests – sometimes with stricter limits -- plus a number of ACEA engine tests and proprietary General Motors tests. All of this will add up to a sizeable cost for achieving the certification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back