Is it safe to buy a Chevy Bolt?

Ended up purchasing a 2017 Bolt with 18k miles. Best decision I ever made with absolutely no regrets. It’s 5 days since I’ve plugged in to charge. Hilltop mode on. Frankly, not even going to get the recall done until GM comes out with a permanent fix as all it does is permanently rob range.

only gripe I have is not having DC fast charge. Guess I’ll have to drive my Rav4 or Tacoma for long trips lol
I am looking for one myself. It is a little tricky looking for a Bolt online as many do not have dcfc and dealers either do not know that or are deliberately omitting info about lack of dcfc. So far what I am finding is just a little outside my price range.

I am looking for one myself. It is a little tricky looking for a Bolt online as many do not have dcfc and dealers either do not know that or are deliberately omitting info about lack of dcfc. So far what I am finding is just a little outside my price range.

I figured an EV with this amount of range comes with dcfc standard. But not big deal as level 2 does fine for me. I had DC on my i3 but range was too short to take advantage of dcfc, never used it.

This thread is old now, but if they provide the VIN, put it here. It will list all the features including fast charging (listed as FAST CHARGING PROVISION or something like that). This is what I had to do, as the dealer didn't list it or provide pictures of the charging port, and the salesman asked me how to tell if it has fast charging or not when I was looking at it.

This thread is old now, but if they provide the VIN, put it here. It will list all the features including fast charging (listed as FAST CHARGING PROVISION or something like that). This is what I had to do, as the dealer didn't list it or provide pictures of the charging port, and the salesman asked me how to tell if it has fast charging or not when I was looking at it.
Hi, are you referring to the fifth character in the vin? It is my understanding (and my info could be wrong) that a W, or an X is not dcfc. What I am finding is some Bolts with a W have dcfc and others with a W do not. The only thing I can figure is special order cars were upgraded but the vin numbers were not changed.

I see new 2020 Bolts on Cars.com for under $20k.
Yep, best kept secret, too bad the first year title + registration is $665 more than a gas burner

Attachments

• FBBEC835-9FF4-468A-94BF-FC485BBA9B05.jpg
    FBBEC835-9FF4-468A-94BF-FC485BBA9B05.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 8
Hi, are you referring to the fifth character in the vin? It is my understanding (and my info could be wrong) that a W, or an X is not dcfc. What I am finding is some Bolts with a W have dcfc and others with a W do not. The only thing I can figure is special order cars were upgraded but the vin numbers were not changed.
No idea what the actual numbers mean, I just entered them into the site and it spit out the information.

Back