Is it just me or do current "consumer" TVs stink??

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Tells my dad to "dispose of that damaged tv", we just sent you another one.

Sure enough he got another one, perfect condition."

That's amazing.

Quote:

Im glad Im not in the market right now... or Id be stuck spending $2500 for a 32" 1080p TV, just so the camera can pan with some degree of smoothness and 'clarity'.

I suggest you visit avsforum.com ... it's a great site to research HDTVs (on par with BITOG). Also, I'd recommend you shop around ... $2500 for a 32" 1080p is very inaccurate; you can purchase a top of the line 32" LCD 1080p for well under $2K. If you shop around you can even find a 40" 1080p for around $2K.

Tells my dad to "dispose of that damaged tv", we just sent you another one.

Sure enough he got another one, perfect condition."

That's amazing.

gives you an idea of the mark-up

Keith is right that avs forum is the bitog of its realm. been checking out olevia and i think that that is the way i going.
banana.gif

Ha guys, this was quite a few years back when hdtv was still a pretty big and new thing to have.

I can't remember the sellers name, or user id.

I beleive he said that the freight company picked up the bill, they paid the insurance money on the first tv.

We'll never spend what they're curently asking for bigger flat screen TVs, juts not that important to us. I am looking at a smaller LCD, say a 19in to 21in or so, that can be used as a PC monitor and a TV. It'd be a good monitor and would serve as a 'kid's TV' in the family room. Don't want to spend much more than $300 though.

tigerdirect is an excellent site. ship in a day and have some great deals for what you are looking for right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back