Is it even worth flying anymore, for the short term at least?

I saw two elderly poeple collapse in line - think about it - you have to stand and move luggage for 6 hours straight with no break to sit, or ability to drink or go to the bathroom. If you bring and drink your own water you'll likely need to use the bathroom and this circle continues.

This effect/result is simply a decline in Human decency/behavior over the last 20-30 years.

People that have some sense about them, that have some decency and where-with-all would have spoken to these elderly people and assured them their place in line would have been saved if they needed to go to the restroom/etc. All people in lines should do that, but heck no, not today. If someone side steps or moves out of line, BAM!!!, the nice people behind them move right up, like they won the lottery.

What a short sighted way to close off the world.

TSA has always been accommodating in me experience. Treat them with respect and they typically do the same. And with TSA precheck, security is almost always a breeze.
It's the people that act like morons and start yelling that have all the problems. When was the last time that you or someone you know personally was strip searched???

I'm happy to admit that I tend to find the TSA to be no more of an annoyance than entry security at basically ANY venue in the US regardless of the event being hosted. Minus the shoe thing.

Ok, fine.... security at a large concert isn't TSA level but it sure is close in my opinion. Those that have recently attended a professional sports or entertainment event can back me up. If you think about it... what TSA procedures actually prove to be more effective at preventing threats than those of any 3rd party company hired for a John Mayer concert at XYZ arena?

*EDIT* I almost forgot: I once was subject to "additional screening", behind the little curtain and extra groin exploration. It was an early flight, I was slightly hung over and a smidge stoned, and I had an absolute hoot. I applauded the extra attention. The legendary Ron White summed it up to a tee:

Last edited:
SeaTac airport is adding staff after complaints of long lines.

As always, a day late and a dollar short.

The security line at SEA has always been the worst I have experienced, and this is pre-pandemic. JFK today was a nightmare, luckily the precheck line only had 7-8 people ahead of me. The regular line had to have a couple hundred 😳

Back