Is Honda Z1 really not that good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Loopie
^+1.
+1 on Z1...If it works why change to a brand that cost more and are constantly reformulating? My transmission hasn't changed, and Z1 works just fine.

Per Honda, Z1 severe service 60k miles, normal service 120k miles. This site ( Honda dealer site )sells it for $5.92 a qt, I took a print out to my dealer and they beat the price on 12 qt $5.69 per qt, other local dealers quoted the same on 12 qt.

So why pay more just to say theres Amsoil in it.
21.gif

lucky you!! it is a great deal!!
the cheapest i can find at local dealer list $8 plus 13% tax last year, and they close down few month ago. i wonder how much are other dealers in Canada charging.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
+2 on Z1 ATF.

I bought 2 cases of Honda Z1 when it was on sale for $3.48 per quart, plus free shipping.
That is a great deal. I don't drain often enough to keep a stash though.

Little story about my last Z1 purchase. Called a dealer about 25 mi. away to get his best price, as they are typically the cheapest around. Quoted me $6.95qt. Then called my local dealer and they wanted in the $8 range. To which I said, do you price match, he said yes and matched the $6.95. I said I'd take 3qts. Said he was going to lunch, and would leave them for me. Then he read back the price and said $6.59 right? I didn't argue with his lysdexia.
LOL.gif
Figured they were still making a decent profit, and with tax it came to just over $21.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back