Honda DW-1, Honda Z1 Redline

Honda DW-1 viscosity is 6.93 same for the Z1.

Redline D4 viscosity 7.5

Redline D6 viscosity 6.3

This is for a 2015 Acura MDX, calls for DW-1

What I don't like what redline says for use is D6. I don't like how the viscosity is slightly less than factory. I would prefer to match or slightly more. Would you run the D4? Am I reading this the same as a viscosity difference between a 5/20 vs a 5/30?

OP, I've been running Redline D4 ATF in our 2010 Honda Element since we bought it new. I change it every 15K or 20K just because it's so easy to do - easier than changing the engine oil. At 235K miles the transmission shifts and behaves perfectly.

Scott
Do you have a 6sp Auto?

Viscosity is only one of many factors. If you're actually concerned about compatibility, given the price of D6, why even bother ? Use DW-1.
I've used D4, previously, drain magnet was always clean with redline and shifts were precise

Not for everyone but many fluids other than dw1 cause not factory feel. Good bad or indifferent it’s something to consider

It’s typically ok for a short amount of miles then it starts getting a bit wonky. Put dw1 back it and it will behave normal again

There are tons that tell themselves the other brands are better or the same but just as many others will tell you they went back to dw1

Back