Is Fram Extra Guard (PH7317) any good?

What else is on the shelves there in Canada at WM? Just curious. I have an area neighbor who sometimes I walk by and they start the Outback, some kind of newer one. I have never heard such bad start up noise in my life. They rev it up good a few times and go. Takes that noise right out. Another lady has some kind of Lexus RX across the street and down, same thing, bad start up noise, very bad, rev the blank out of it and go. Engines take a licking and keep on ticking. Moral is for start up rattle just floor the gas pedal and you won't hear it anymore.

I have never or heard of an engine that was destroyed by using frams even when they were the OCOD. Carboard ends and all. :) Many OEM filters used the same internal construction as fram. if you insist on metal endcaps in a cheap filter, the surpertech is also a good one to consider.

They're fine. I avoided regular Fram filters for years, but reconsidered them after my previous preference (Purolator) started having QC issues with pleat tearing. I've used the 7317 on my Accord a few times, and their filters on other vehicles over the years and haven't had a major issue. I had one with really wavy, warped media in one I cut open years ago in a Grand Am but that may have been a fluke or had slight water/condensation contamination. I now use them as a good, basic filter option that I can find almost anywhere.

Bought a couple today ($6.98 a piece) and the last jug of Supertech 0w-20 ($14.37) on the shelf. The other WM I went on Sunday was out of stock for both items. Outside of a lousy paint job, the filters look to be well constructed with ATDBV, Will see in 2 years when I get to use them. I have another OCI with an OE filter and Valvoline Advanced to go through before. Currently PP and OE filter. Txs for your input.

Attachments

• IMG_20210720_164626770.jpg
    IMG_20210720_164626770.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20210720_164534443.jpg
    IMG_20210720_164534443.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 44
Back