Is BITOG an endangered species?

EV: not enough lithium
Hydrogen: too energy intensive to mass produce
Fossil fuel: The current villain.

Real solution: start building infrastructure that reduces society’s need to drive EVERYWHERE. I love America, but come on, can’t we start making walk/bicycle/public transit friendly infrastructure like European cities?

BITOG will be around in some way, shape, form, motive power etc. That is as long as site donors continue to do so. You doing your part to keep BITOG going?

&
BITOG will be around in some way, shape, form, motive power etc. That is as long as site donors continue to do so. You doing your part to keep BITOG going?
BITOG will be the last bastion of American freedom and will likely be friendly to like-minded interests abroad. 🇺🇸

You're not asking if BITOG will be de-platformed, are you? (I don't see that happening because it is on the general Internet.)

No.

Well probably yes in the more urban environments but not where I live in the rural Midwest.
That's not true either. Maybe not in the future, but it wasn't always like this.

There's several Canadian cities with similar layout to the Midwest that used to offer cable car service, extensive buses, trains etc.
This all changed after WW2 when the personal auto became the norm and almost everyone wanted to have their own transportation device.

Those who suffer are the elderly and those on reduced/limited income (who then cannot maintain any level of mobility).
Add to this the lack of sidewalks/walk ways and you have a very sad living environment for the elderly and infirm.
:(

Last edited:
That's not true either. Maybe not in the future, but it wasn't always like this.

There's several Canadian cities with similar layout to the Midwest that used to offer cable car service, extensive buses, trains etc.
This all changed after WW2 when the personal auto became the norm and almost everyone wanted to have their own transportation device.

Those who suffer are the elderly and those on reduced/limited income (who then cannot maintain any level of mobility).
Add to this the lack of sidewalks/walk ways and you have a very sad living environment for the elderly and infirm.
:(
You’re not thinking rural enough. The word city is a dead giveaway. I’m talking areas like an unincorporated village population of 50 and 8 miles from the nearest gas station. Where you’ve gotta meet the school bus at the nearest “main road” to pick up/drop off your kids. We got a lot of those around here.

I get your point though. Any town/city over say 10k in population could do a whole lot to reduce the need to drive. Even small towns of like 1k could be adapted where those in the city limits could walk, bike or use public transportation WAY more frequently.

We do have a public transportation service that provides rides to many that would be without. Elderly to their physicians, those living in group homes to their jobs, etc. They’re not a government agency but do receive many grants. I dislike paying taxes as much as the next guy but IMO the grants they get are money well spent.

I forgot to get on the hype train.

1691699021932.jpg

Key data metric would be stats on age on forum. If heavy 60+ with few young members incoming it will stagnant. It might become a neat place for EV or whatever tech comes along . Depends….

BITOG will survive. People are falling for an unreachable dream. There is no way the EV as it is (with the power grid issues + insane cost facing the non-rich) will take over the USA in the short period "pie in the sky" forecasters and politicians predict. As soon as the millions of poor find out they can not come close to affording EVs they will rise up. What happens when they rise up? The politicians cower in fear and give in to their demands. Their demands - not mine. You can see proof of it every single day in the news.

BITOG will survive. People are falling for an unreachable dream. There is no way the EV as it is (with the power grid issues + insane cost facing the non-rich) will take over the USA in the short period "pie in the sky" forecasters and politicians predict. As soon as the millions of poor find out they can not come close to affording EVs they will rise up. What happens when they rise up? The politicians cower in fear and give in to their demands. Their demands - not mine. You can see proof of it every single day in the news.
Any thing for a registered voter.

I gave up voting long ago. No one I have voted for ever wins. The whole family are life long registered Indys anyway. Our folks never have a chance. :(
I wish your whole family would vote! I’d like to see a day when major elections in this country were not guaranteed to be won by one of two parties….and that’s it for my political statements

Last edited:
If anything it would be because the GenX and Boomers die off and the newer generation likes to gather in a different kind of car forums than this one. It would not be because of EV.
This, exactly this. I’m in a truck forum and it’s dying quickly. Most just prefer Facebook groups. The younger ones that come on that forum generally ask a question, get an answer and never come back again.

I feel like BITOG does well about not being too cliqueey(I don’t think that’s a real word). MOST here are open to new information, perspectives and just hearing an opinion or experience out. That truck forum really was ran by a different clique for each sub forum about ten years ago. If userX said something it was written in stone because userX had 10,000 posts and the most money dumped into a truck of that body style!

Last edited:
Back