is 128k miles too late?

BMW Dom

I always get 3 bcs. you never know if you gonna need some extra bcs spill etc
Did you use the Redline 75w90 GL 5 in yours?
Also, any reason to the change to Mobil 1 0w40 in the E90?

Did you use the Redline 75w90 GL 5 in yours?
Also, any reason to the change to Mobil 1 0w40 in the E90?
I used BMW stuff. Had some extra from before. I use Redline 75W90 in Toyota.
What oil are you using now? Castrol Edge 0W40 showed excellent results in my engine and I track it too. Either will do good.

BMW Dom

I used BMW stuff. Had some extra from before. I use Redline 75W90 in Toyota.
What oil are you using now? Castrol Edge 0W40 showed excellent results in my engine and I track it too. Either will do good.
I'm using the Castrol 5w40 in the E90 and F25. I know it's not your favorite. It's just that they didn't have the Valvoline in stock, and I like to keep with 1 oil for both, since the F25 takes a little over 5 quarts.

Should I just grab 2 bottles of the Castrol 0w40 and 1 bottle of the Valvoline 5w40? Or can I just run the Valvoline in both? I'll do an oil change on both in March when I do my fluid swaps.

Also, another question: how much brake fluid do I need for a brake flush? 1 liter? 2 liters? I'm not sure if you've done it yourself on your E90.

I'm using the Castrol 5w40 in the E90 and F25. I know it's not your favorite. It's just that they didn't have the Valvoline in stock, and I like to keep with 1 oil for both, since the F25 takes a little over 5 quarts.

Should I just grab 2 bottles of the Castrol 0w40 and 1 bottle of the Valvoline 5w40? Or can I just run the Valvoline in both? I'll do an oil change on both in March when I do my fluid swaps.

Also, another question: how much brake fluid do I need for a brake flush? 1 liter? 2 liters? I'm not sure if you've done it yourself on your E90.
Use in F25 strictly LL01. Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5W40, Motul X-Cess 5W40 GEN2. Valvoline is ok, Castrol too (I mean if no these others).
1ltr of fluid is enough if doing old fashioned way pumping brake. I use 2 bcs. i use pressure bleeder and I don’t want to stay without fluid and pull air.
You can download INPA and use ABS module to pump out fluid (dealership does this).

I don’t think a GM Strasbourg trans will complain over MaxLife and any fluid change is better than none in my book. BMW wasn’t the only GM Strasbourg client - GM had Cadillac/Holden/Isuzu use them too.

Also, aren’t adaptives only to be wiped when a new transmission is installed or a PCM/TCM/valve body is replaced?