ipad mini. awesome. that is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
never thought about jumping into the whole apple thing, avoided it really. then I went to see how mini the ipad mini is/was.
it isn't. it's perfect.
wanted the entry level 16g, they didn't have it (of course). but my wife says 'why don't you just get the 32g?'
I did.
and as I said, it's awesome.

that's it.

Awesome...ly expensive!
28.gif

I am not computer literate. In fact I try to avoid all things tech. Apples iPhone is the only reason I have an email account. It's the only reason I can navigate the Internet too.
Since buying my iPhone 3 years ago I now have a tough screen iPod,an ipad2 and an iPhone 4.
Apple has made it easy for guys like me to actually access and use these wonderful websites,such as bitog. I don't even bother with anything that isn't apple. Everything such as contacts,websites I've added to my home screen,apps etc all just transfer to each device,with ease,even for a dinosaur like me.
I agree OP. That is all

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Besides playing games and movies on it, what does one do with a tablet?

Surf the net. It does just about anything I need a computer to do,without all the stuff I don't need a computer for.
And I don't think there are viruses that can access iPads,iPods,iPhones are there?

Originally Posted By: Clevy

And I don't think there are viruses that can access iPads,iPods,iPhones are there?

Sure are, in the form of malicious apps.

Originally Posted By: rshaw125
Have one collecting dust. Too limited for a power user more of a toy. I always reach for my Ultra book.

I'll take that "toy" off your hands.....

Originally Posted By: rshaw125
Have one collecting dust. Too limited for a power user more of a toy. I always reach for my Ultra book.

agreed, I prefer a larger screen. If they made a 17" tablet then maybe I'd try it
laugh.gif

We have the larger version and it's used WAY more often than is our computer. Absolutely love it. We go for many days in a row where the desktop computer is either powered off or asleep.

My dad, perhaps the most skeptical of anything Apple, bought an iPad 4 after seeing ours. They just work well.

I just bought a couple days ago a Samsung Galaxy Tab two i feel the same way it is remarkable I also like the Apple product but ended up with the Samsung

Originally Posted By: Dakota1820
I just bought a couple days ago a Samsung Galaxy Tab two i feel the same way it is remarkable I also like the Apple product but ended up with the Samsung

I ended up with a Kindle fire. The "closed" ness of the app store and the price drew me away from the iPads

It is. I have a regular ipad and I think the mini is the perfect form factor. My wife's birthday is coming up,and I was thinking about getting her one, but Im going to give her a rain check for when the retina display variant comes out...

Quote:

I was thinking about getting her one, but Im going to give her a rain check for when the retina display variant comes out...

Maybe you should ask her if she wants to wait.... :
whistle.gif
:

there is always the 'I'm going to wait for the new one' syndrome, but unless there are serious flaws with the 1st version, you have to 'buy in' at some time; there will ALWAYS be a 'new' one.
the screen quality is awesome. I think the regular ipad is too big.
I played with a friend's nexus 7 and I don't like the way androids work. the ipad is way more intuitive and the touch interaction is just plain better.
like I said, I was a resister, but I now understand what the fuss is about.
oh, itunes is awesome too for putting my CDs on my ipad. SO easy!

Originally Posted By: mpvue
never thought about jumping into the whole apple thing, avoided it really. then I went to see how mini the ipad mini is/was.
it isn't. it's perfect.
wanted the entry level 16g, they didn't have it (of course). but my wife says 'why don't you just get the 32g?'
I did.
and as I said, it's awesome.

that's it.

It is. After spending time with one this past week a couple times, it is indeed better than the iPad. Lighter, 12 hour battery life, quick, better DPI than iPad 1 or 2 (not retina display quality though). It's fantastic.

It runs rings around my Motorola Xoom 10.1" 3G tablet. Rings. Many.

Lotsa naysayers out there, but after spending time with the mini, i don't want the regular iPad any longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back