iOS 16. What is your experience so far?

Here is another example of a new photo editing feature in iOS16:
80C012E5-2331-48E3-AE8C-A1C480E81D0F.jpeg

Oh, shoot. I think you’re right. For some reason, I thought they were talking about the stacks. I’m keeping it the way it is for now, and see how I like it

Yep it’s a change. I wonder if it has to do with the new widgets on top?

"...What's iOS16?..."
same
not of interest, call me
"Late
or
Final adaptor".
Got on 'puter in '66, it was a terminal that went to MIT.
Net in '82 (Lexus/Nexus) but the intermediary (hrdwear, softwear) seems trivial. I
liked it when U had ur hands on everythig, now too much is automatic & behind the sceens~
Waiting for nxt big increment - 20 yrs to 1st, nother one at nxt 20, none since then, 16 yrs. Must
be right round the corner...

"...What's iOS16?..."
same
not of interest, call me
"Late
or
Final adaptor".
Got on 'puter in '66, it was a terminal that went to MIT.
Net in '82 (Lexus/Nexus) but the intermediary (hrdwear, softwear) seems trivial. I
liked it when U had ur hands on everythig, now too much is automatic & behind the sceens~
Waiting for nxt big increment - 20 yrs to 1st, nother one at nxt 20, none since then, 16 yrs. Must
be right round the corner...
We get it, you’re old

Thnx,
early adaptor who doesn't see the point of such hi amounts of screen time~
Direct contact, community involvement, stuff goin on but was never into TV, phone chats
all in good balance is what I seek (& 'new experiences' esp if puttin U "in the flow')~

The bold time font is a little cartoonish. I prefer something thinner and classier. I turned on haptic feedback for typing as i used to have android and i thought i missed it but now I’m not sure. I’m torn whether i like the haptic typing. The ability to pull images from a picture is pretty cool i suppose. I changed my background wallpaper to the live weather so now the background changes based in weather conditions. That’s pretty neat. I was an android user for 11 years and switched to my first iPhone in 2021. Android is cool but i feel like it changes too much every major update. The older i get the less i want my phone to change as I’m tired of learning about it every update. Apple really needs to make notifications better though. It’s far superior on android.

Thnx,
early adaptor who doesn't see the point of such hi amounts of screen time~
Direct contact, community involvement, stuff goin on but was never into TV, phone chats
all in good balance is what I seek (& 'new experiences' esp if puttin U "in the flow')~
Thank you for your exuberant responses.

I was all ready to pull the trigger on a 13 Pro Max a few months ago, then my usual laziness set in and here we are. Everyone says the phone is huge, but I stopped by Costco (reference the other thread on the big donkey fans) and put my 7+ that lives in an Otterbox Defender on top and they are the same size.

I think people that say the Pro Max's are big never had a big phone. Apple's biggest phone has been the same basic size for several years.

There was some case issue when I got my XS Max, so I took an extra 7+ case that we had, dremeled out the camera hole and it fit perfectly otherwise.

I've been wanting to update to iOS16, usually like to wait for X.0.1 but might give in over the weekend. I usually get by by updating my iPad first since I'm less reliant on my iPad but since iPadOS 16 isn't due out for a bit, I'll have to update my phone first.

(Yes, I'm aware that 16.0.1 is technically out, but it's only for 14s. I guess I'd be waiting for 16.0.2 ;) )

16.0.2 has been released. This should fix the early bugs.

Personally I have had good luck with 16 but I’ve had a few times where Safari became unresponsive. A quick reboot fixed that. This latest update addresses that particular problem.

16.0.2 has been released. This should fix the early bugs.

Personally I have had good luck with 16 but I’ve had a few times where Safari became unresponsive. A quick reboot fixed that. This latest update addresses that particular problem.
16.1 has been smooth the last few days for me (beta)

Updated to 16.0.2 and liking it so far. I've never messed with focus modes except sleep. Trying some stuff out with the different homescreens for work and personal.

Updated my watch to OS9 and not it doesn't buzz when I get a notification. Not the first time this has happened when I've updated. Probably will reset it and re-pair it to the phone. It's weird, it will receive information from the phone, but will not buzz.

On my work phone, since 15.7, I have an issue where if it goes on airplane mode or gets turned off, sometimes it will not find the network properly again, and will be in SOS only mode until I switch airplane mode on and off. That one is Verizon, and switching to 16 hasn’t helped.

That phone only has work apps and only gets used for communication and office apps.

My personal phone doesn’t have the SOS only thing, it’s on ATT FWIW. But it does seem like the battery life is draining faster than it did on 15.6.x. Not too happy with that because I’m a pretty heavy user.

It also seems to get hotter when doing things like a lot of photo uploads, or spatial audio on AirPod pro.

On my work phone, since 15.7, I have an issue where if it goes on airplane mode or gets turned off, sometimes it will not find the network properly again, and will be in SOS only mode until I switch airplane mode on and off. That one is Verizon, and switching to 16 hasn’t helped.

That phone only has work apps and only gets used for communication and office apps.

My personal phone doesn’t have the SOS only thing, it’s on ATT FWIW. But it does seem like the battery life is draining faster than it did on 15.6.x. Not too happy with that because I’m a pretty heavy user.

It also seems to get hotter when doing things like a lot of photo uploads, or spatial audio on AirPod pro.
Have you tried wiping and restoring from back up?

I’ve had some weird stuff in the past get fixed that way. Just did it with my watch and now it’s fine.

Back