Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This market is a 'Death by 1000 cuts'. Every day it goes down. The worries are high heating oil prices for this winter, and inflation fears.

I don't see much upside from here. But neither do I see a big drop (famous last words
rolleyes.gif
). Interest rates are still historically low, and energy costs are not that high IF you adjust for inflation. (I'm talking long-term here).

I think the market will wallow along for awhile in a trading range, but there's a lot of pessimism out there now. That usually leads to a nice rally......

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
Time to buy, yet?

Do you prefer to swim against the stream or do you have a lot of extra money ? The trend is bearish, so, either to sell together with others or, if you are bull, to abstain until better times. You know well my opinion on the ecomony and its fate.

quote:

Is Kiev generally a hotbed of optimists?
smile.gif

You take my comments in a wrong way. I look at the situation at a different angle: we are all binded by one chaine and, that's why, bad in the US, bad or even worse for all others too. Only stupids do not undertsand this and may gloat over current difficulties. I already said this in one of my posts:
http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=001521;p=2

As for your question: the only optimism is that there are still nice girls here and becoming older I start to notice that their number is only growing.
grin.gif

I'm no investing genious or guru like the rest of you, but I was watching Niel Cavuto yesterday and most of the hotshots were saying a recesion is likely on the horizon. Inflation is up 1.2%??? I think it was (highest 1 month jump in 20 years) and Mr. Greenspan has no intention of backing off with the rate hikes. Core inflation was low but energy costs aren't likely to go down. Just when I will graduate and will be lookin for my first good job.
frown.gif

I wouldn't put a lot of stock (so to speak) in what the experts say. At 47, I'm no old timer - but I have ridden them all through for nearly 30 years. Our economy was getting a bit too hot before the hurricanes and the fake energy crisis. We'll be all right....look at it this way: When you get your first real job you'll be buying into your 401K when stock prices are low
smile.gif
!

The real inflation is much higher then it's officially stated. May be statistics pass first through a Harry Gudini club ? In the past the inflation in the US was restrained by its export through the export of US Dollars. Now this opportunity is very limited due to the expansion of Euro zone and its growing influence on neighbouring countries, from one side, and the strengthenning of national economies and their currencies in number of countries where for a long time the US Dollar served a second national currency and a protective instrument against the inflation. Dollar has become less attractive then Euro, gold and often then own currency.

If we compare PPI with CPI and with growth of raw materials prices, it will become clear that the whole industry is running on the edge of its rentability or is already struggling with losses. We all know where it can led. A cost reduction and cost savings may help one, two, three times, but it is not possible to apply them on a continuous basis. Soon there will be nothing to reduce and save.

Pabs,

Market is oversold, but could remain that way for a while. We are just about at support. Expect a rebound soon. I am about 20% in stock now as far as capital for stocks. Good plays during these months seem to be the likes of AMZN, etc..

Lots of uncertainty out there right now so my tendency is to be cautious. Likelyhood of recession is extremely high! If we slip into a recession again so soon don't ask me what they will do to stimulate.

Posted by Amkeer:
quote:

Expect a rebound soon.

I too see a short-term rally coming, probably starting tomorrow. Three of four momentum indicators have turned around on the S&P 500. If anyone's interested, they're RSI, CCI, and Stochastics. Only one still bearish is MACD, but it lags more than the others anyway. (These showed up on my S&P charts after Friday's gains.)

This won't go to new highs, though. I think we're probably at the start of a mild bear market that'll last into most of 06.

DISCLAIMER: No one should trade on my opinions; I've been wrong more than once, according to the wife.....
grin.gif

quote:

ETP up like a mofo! Good call. A lot like Natural gas services, Atlas, et al.

no kidding,

Just bought NOIGF. Pay's 12% dividend. Plus since I bought it last week making 5% on the stock. Can't beat that.

I also own 2 other Canadian Gas Trusts. I love that monthly dividend.

Anyone use Interactive Brokers here (www.interactivebrokers.com)?

I recently signed up there, and the platform looks very interesting. I am not a trader (my account consists entirely of ETF's, and bonds), but the lure of $2 commissions and dirt cheap margin lending was too much to resist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back