Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last few bottoms of these selloffs... the $RUT was the first to turn around and the $INDU continued to selloff for a few more days. Now that the $INDU is nearing the 200sma we should see some type of rally. If it drops below the 200 sma...get out.

Yea, the SP500's moving average of choice for bottoms over the last 2 years is the 20 week/100 day and it's fighting right there. I like to see the 2/4 week EMAs cross bullish on a Friday close or price to get back and close over the 8 day as a safe buy signal. If it starts hitting resistance at that 8 day or fails to hold the 100 day, it might have another leg down, but that hasn't happened yet in 2 years now.

The markets have that bad tendency to do things few suspect (sort off by design). If we go higher than this and retest the top, I'm going to reshort it. A lot a people compared 2014 to 1987 and they may have a point.

Nice Rally On A Friday!

Dow Jones Industrial Average 16,553.93 + 185.66 (1.13%)

S&P 500 1,931.59 + 22.02 (1.15%)

NASDAQ Composite 4,370.90 + 35.93 (0.83%)

Sold 3/4 of my COP today for a nice 50% gain + Dividends.

smile.gif

Question: Is bogleheads a decent source of information on investing? That site's philosophy matches pretty well with my own for financials, and I'm getting ready to start learning more while building up some spare cash for investing. Also, any other sites or books that would be recommended?

For long term investing/savings, even though I don't much follow it, Bogle is hard to beat. Buy index funds and forget it is their philosophy for the most part.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
For long term investing/savings, even though I don't much follow it, Bogle is hard to beat. Buy index funds and forget it is their philosophy for the most part.

Yes; as long as you're simply making the market, by owning the market, you beat almost everybody else out there in the long term. It's very rare to see someone truly beat the market for any sustainable period of time.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT

Yes; as long as you're simply making the market, by owning the market, you beat almost everybody else out there in the long term. It's very rare to see someone truly beat the market for any sustainable period of time.

cheers3.gif

The longer many people invest, the more likely they are to realize the beauty in the simplicity.

But, for all you traders out there, good luck beating the odds!

Well, I rode it up; I rode it down. AAPL finally is back over a split adjusted $700.00.

I will probably hold until the January 2015 earnings call, and re-assess.

What a roller coaster of a ride.

The market is overbought. Although it can remain in that cycle for a while. My choice is to trade, make my money, and get out.

If it were only that simple, we'd all be rich.

2013 was forecasted to be flat, right?
Yell for a correction every year and eventually you'll be right. Tell me when and by how much and then one more time before it swings back, then I'll be impressed.

No one knows nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back