I track several industrials using Metastock. They all
show a gradual uptrend that I think will continue
thru the first of 2012.

This market will explode as soon as the unemployment
rate shows some decline....

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Should see a selloff tuesday. Thursday

Fixed it.

There are all sorts of reasons the market should rally 2012. And all sorts of reasons I'm not rich and I haven't lost more weight. Those in power will do much in 2012 to stay in power.

if you are a value investor (key word) rather than a speculator, short term price swings don't matter. i plan on keeping all of my stocks well into next year so other than checking prices for curiosity sake, none of this market turmoil affects me. if prices go down it just gives me incentive to buy more. it's a good time to be an investor.
cool.gif

+1. But some of these swings have established ranges solid enough that Im willing to take a chance.

Made some good dough on VE between yesterday and today. Played 3x long a few weeks back, etc.

Not really that speculative when the range is fairly obvious.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Should see a selloff tuesday. Thursday

Fixed it.

There are all sorts of reasons the market should rally 2012. And all sorts of reasons I'm not rich and I haven't lost more weight. Those in power will do much in 2012 to stay in power.

The market will be up Friday.

Originally Posted By: jmsjags
anyone that claims they know what the market will do is wrong. plain and simple. there's no predicting it.

Overall Id agree, but currently, IMO, there is a band that has bounced back and forth off of for the last many months that can set the stage for some decisions for shorter-term trading.

Of course it only takes one time dropping through...

Originally Posted By: buster
http://mikenormaneconomics.blogspot.com/2011/12/fed-prints-29-trillion-dollar-goes-up.html

Old myths die hard.

You put perfume on a pig and it isnt any prettier, it just smells a bit better.

The US Fed is just the best option right now. Where is the concentrated wealth? US/Europe? OK, well would you rather dump your money in something in the US or Europe?

Doesnt mean that either is a good decision.

So overall this doesnt mean much. The Rothschilds are still profiting at the common person's expense. Remember, Meyer Rothschild didnt care who ran the countries so long as he controlled the money. Bank of England, the Fed, etc., its all coming together. It really doesnt matter in the top picture.

But for those who need to park money one way or another, its just where the best option lies.

When the banking families that run this stuff need to swap funds, they will. Its all just funny money.

Its just you or I that it costs.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: buster
http://mikenormaneconomics.blogspot.com/2011/12/fed-prints-29-trillion-dollar-goes-up.html

Old myths die hard.

You put perfume on a pig and it isnt any prettier, it just smells a bit better.

The US Fed is just the best option right now. Where is the concentrated wealth? US/Europe? OK, well would you rather dump your money in something in the US or Europe?

Doesnt mean that either is a good decision.

So overall this doesnt mean much. The Rothschilds are still profiting at the common person's expense. Remember, Meyer Rothschild didnt care who ran the countries so long as he controlled the money. Bank of England, the Fed, etc., its all coming together. It really doesnt matter in the top picture.

But for those who need to park money one way or another, its just where the best option lies.

When the banking families that run this stuff need to swap funds, they will. Its all just funny money.

Its just you or I that it costs.

Oh I don't disagree with a lot of what you said. The quantity theory of money is being challenged though.

IBD confirmed the rally with the follow through the other day. Everything but my gold stuff is stepping up. Plus almost everything including my gold and metals investments are paying me cash. I stayed away from tech and it's paying off. F is great - I buy at the easy to spot floor and it now pays. DUK is up 20%!

I may sell some things soon.

I may add to my gold positions. NEM looks juicy.

I've been messing with PF income pick AROW for awhile - in and out, collecting the dividend. So I got curious as to similar regional type banks that are doing OK. I came up with CNAF. Appears to be solid, only problem trading is so thin. But I bought a few hundred shares today - maybe the big guys will notice it.

Up 10% and threw a 26 cent dividend (~4.4%)

IBD confirmed the rally with the follow through the other day.

I wouldn't take that to seriously in this type of market where were seeing extreme volatility. Also it's normal for the market to go up this time of year.

IBD confirmed the rally with the follow through the other day.

I wouldn't take that to seriously in this type of market where were seeing extreme volatility. Also it's normal for the market to go up this time of year.

Agree and disagree. Yes there is typically a low volume boost at this time of year. But this year is not typical. That said, IBD market indicator is based on the technicals and while confirmation was late and the volume small, we are technically in a rally. That's why I did a little selling. There are no market leaders that I see in a nice handle buy position.

I will buy some more gold soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back