Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Pablo
Well of course, but I can't make a link with Fidelity.

Really! Something in the water out there?

Ask is not bad, I had a paid subscription until I could qualify for access to pro.

Have you checked FRO today?
12.gif

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
Originally Posted By: Pablo
Well of course, but I can't make a link with Fidelity.

Really! Something in the water out there?

Ask is not bad, I had a paid subscription until I could qualify for access to pro.

I never paid for "Ask". I just keep it handy because it's quick and no need to log in, etc. But exactly how would you make a link and post it here with Fid. Pro? You can't.

Indeed FRO up as has been LGCY since I bought it. Cool!

I feel like I've been crapped out of some omnivorous animal.

On one hand I was smart/lucky to double up my short funds again yesterday, those plus many of my cornball yielders were up today.

OTOH my FR high yielders and most all my mutual funds got clobbered.

He's still at it.

"In dinner remarks to about 1,100 energy industry executives, academics and others, Greenspan said the odds are 50 percent or better the country is headed toward a recession. His prediction came several hours after his Federal Reserve successor, Ben Bernanke, told Congress the economy is deteriorating, but he still looks for slow growth as 2008 transpires."

This irrelevant fool is trying to stayrelevant.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080215/ap_on_bi_ge/energy_summit_greenspan

Relevant? More like a cat trying to bury his poo.

1/2 of me wants to jump in, buy, and just not check again until next fall. The other half says to trade constantly.

I'm taking a vacation.

I just read an article the other day (I think at Seeking Alpha although I forget) that showed that traders are doing better than investors in this market environment. So this is probably one of the few rare times where it pays to trade rather than buy and hold.

Quote:
I'm taking a vacation.

I think that's a good move. I've go well over 60% in Hi div stuff. PPR is my worst holding and it pays 9.5% at my cost. I could just set here and watch for the rest of the year and end up over 10%. Like I said the other day, I'm good for the next 2-3 months. The only issue coming up is FRO. I expect it to be over $50 by x-div. Then what do I do? Do I sell before X or hold for the year. If I sell at 50, I will have a gain about equal to the total div through 4Q. I need to get busy and create a spreadsheet and graph this. I've got quite a bit of FRO, so this could be an important decision, $ wise....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back