Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Originally Posted By: VeeDubb
I just checked out PRPFX. That looks like a helluva fund.

Check out FBALX and PRWCX. Solid with even better returns. The best conservative and moderate allocation funds are closed to new investors though (OAKBX)

Thanks Drew. The thing that sux is that my Fidelity account charges $75 on T.R. PRice funds. So I may have to go with that Fidelity fund.

I beg to differ fellows.

PRPFX has weathered this rocky market better than both those other funds and actually has better returns. Nothing patently wrong with FBALX - I own it! And both FBALX and PRPFX trade free at Fidelity.

Short's should be used for insurance only. Trying to make money on them is, to say the least, very risky. The market trends upward about 6-10% per year. So with shorts, you're already spotting the market. But if you can't predict the direction of the market and don't want to cash out your entire portfolio (trading fees can bite you), shorts can cover your backside by reducing volatility. Then sell them ASAP when you think the market will trend upward again.

Exactly why I bought them. Insurance, a small hedge. Going long on a short fund would be a sign of mental illness or something. This will be an up and down year, me thinks. Or maybe we go rid of the nuts and flakes in January....
happy2.gif

up $1.90 already, yes it does.

It had a nice looking (to me at least) entry point a few days back... I nibbled.

JMH

Originally Posted By: cmhj
For those of you who thought you missed your buying opportunity yesterday, you'll get another chance today (not that I am recommending that you should :))

Might work out.

As I mentioned on another thread >>>>> http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1065182#Post1065182

"We might be very near a s/t low now, should set an IT low within a week or so."

Everything points to a low of some importance today or tomorrow, Friday at the latest. Right now I'm getting a bit nervous playing the short side but will follow my systems analysis.

Right on track,

Seems to be a lot of worry here.

Ya', we could be at or hit a S/T hi in a day or 2.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Pablo
I beg to differ fellows.

PRPFX has weathered this rocky market better than both those other funds and actually has better returns. Nothing patently wrong with FBALX - I own it! And both FBALX and PRPFX trade free at Fidelity.

Not over the long run. In the short run PRPFX has done better. Granted, PRWCX has been a bit of a loser the last 5 years, but over the last 20, it's a top 3 moderate allocation fund.

Fidelity just opened a new moderate allocation fund - it'll be interesting to see how it does.

*edit* I just checked the numbers closer and I guess you're right Pablo...PRPFX is a heck of a fund! It indeed is beating both in terms of the 10 year 10K model. Never had even heard of it before. Thanks for the find.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
*edit* I just checked the numbers closer and I guess you're right Pablo...PRPFX is a heck of a fund! It indeed is beating both in terms of the 10 year 10K model. Never had even heard of it before. Thanks for the find.

OH I can't take credit for finding it. Another poster PM'd me with the symbol a couple months back. I Jumped on just as another way to smooth out the bumps. The biggest drawback will be when gold comes back down, you might want to bail right away.....assuming it's been 90 (60?) days.

Oh, I've been eaten alive by Fidelity's short term fees, especially in Prudent Bear, but with how much it was up during Dec. through Jan, the fee is a drop in the bucket. I need to get away from trying to use Funds like ETFs and just get into some ETFs!

Last edited:
I've never been gigged for ST MF trading fee. But two years ago I got a 3rd warning to cease and desist from buying again before my previous trades had settled (can't string it out more than once). They said they would lock my account or something. (It's a Federal law I think)

Bought some PPR on Fri.

FRO and JTP are carring my portfolio right now. JTP has appreciated to the point it's only returning 7.5%. I'm thinging I should take my profits and buy something with a better return.
NRO looks really good, but I wonder about the negative earnings.
12.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back