*Investors Blog*

I wonder when that day will come to take the money and run or at least go defensive. I’m going with the flow I’m not negative ever really … and thinking maybe after the election yet that can change tomorrow. The key I think is hold some stoggy old stocks in mind that weather downturns well and prepared to jump in if needed. For me WMT is one of those

Hopefully those who are retiring because of this run up realize the difference between unrealized gains and realized gains.

Economy is still cranking away and Uncle Sam burning through cash like no tomorrow 🙃
I've been defensive forever. It's called diversification. Sometimes I hate it, but I have a fiduciary duty to myself.
A big component of diversification is time in the market, aka "don't sweat the small stuff."

I have a love/hate with my CA Muni Bond Fund, which is double tax free. Does it run like tech? Heck no. Do I get a few thou per month without touching the principal? Heck yes.

What do you all think of BA? Is its distressed price an oppourtunity?
I posted something about it a few months back and I am sure I will buy some at some point. Its the dominant player in the US aerospace industry yet has a market cap about the same as Chipotle Mexican Grill. Its pure speculative because anything can happen, but it seems like as a long term bet it would be worth a swing.

However when your playing these games you have to pick a bottom, and for a variety of reasons I don't think were there yet. I would rather buy on the way up and miss a little, then try to catch the falling knife.

Pays your money and takes your pick.

The Yen is blowing up. It opened today at 158 to USD - which was well above the price BOJ defended it before. Its now very close to $159.

A big Japanese bank - Norinchukin - which is essentially a Japanese carry trade bank, announced they were going to sell a bunch of foreign bonds including treasuries, over the next year. Not enough for an immediate impact but worth watching.

What do you all think of BA? Is its distressed price an oppourtunity?

Boeing cares more about DEI then producing a quality product.
boeing_dei_01.jpg

Probably caved in to a government requirement, if I was guessing. It would be hard to find any major company that has not gone down that road now. I ignore that and look at technicals like PE's and future earnings. Any idea about those?

Yep.

And that goes for lots of companies.

No commentary?

NVDA / BTC = liquidity correlation?

BTFD?
Not sure if NVDA is going to be a good one to buy the dip. It might keep going up and if so you should buy right now. It's anyone's guess where these tech stocks are going. Look at Microsoft and Apple since they really haven't gone down much lately. Get in while while the pan is hot but remember in order to make the high profits you need to subject yourself to some risk as well. I think NVDA is a good one but I am not a broker and do not want to try to convince anyone on a gamble. Round and round she goes, where she stops nobody knows, who's got a nickle?

Not sure if NVDA is going to be a good one to buy the dip. It might keep going up and if so you should buy right now. It's anyone's guess where these tech stocks are going. Look at Microsoft and Apple since they really haven't gone down much lately. Get in while while the pan is hot but remember in order to make the high profits you need to subject yourself to some risk as well. I think NVDA is a good one but I am not a broker and do not want to try to convince anyone on a gamble. Round and round she goes, where she stops nobody knows, who's got a nickle?
When the largest stock in the market can swing 15% in a few days on no news, that's some crazy stuff there.

Still, If I wanted to day trade I would do it with lower quality, more volatile assets - like the 10 year treasury, or the Yen :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

When the largest stock in the market can swing 15% in a few days on no news, that's some crazy stuff there.

Still, If I wanted to day trade I would do it with lower quality, more volatile assets - like the 10 year treasury, or the Yen :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Tech for the win baby! It's feast or famine in Silicon Valley; not for the faint of heart.
Go big or go home!

I love crazy; it's been good to me.

Back