*Investors Blog*

Well let's not blow the Amazon thing out of proportion yet. Only 1 out of over 300 Amazon Warehouses (maybe more than 300, plus distribution centers etc) is Unionized and that Union is seeking to affiliate with the Teamsters.

Correct, only 1 out of 300 but most employees want better wages, benefits and seniority at Amazon.
Majority of Amazon employees would vote in favor of a union.

Imagine if there was a company wide walkout for 2 weeks…. maybe 5 weeks… ?

Hourly employees know Amazon has VERY deep pockets and saw what the Teamsters negotiated for UPS employees.

Last edited:
Amazon's business model is interesting.

I jumped on Amazon Prime at $79 for I think what was $4, two day shipping and free ground shipping, or something like that. Was a Prime member for at least 15 years and I dropped it this year. Ordering anything without prime is worse. Walmart has gotten much better, as have other vendors. There streaming at this point is a joke, used to rival Netflix (which has its own problems).

ie Amazon now has legitimate competitors, some with deep pockets. Bezo's is too busy furnishing his new Miami houses and ogling his new trophy wife to care it seems.

I realize I am a sample of one, and I know Amazon has a lot of other businesses like the cloud, but more and more of their revenue is coming from subscriptions and advertising. I have to wonder if they have too many spinning plates. Seems like there trying to compete with Meta not Walmart or Target, and doing poorly at all of it.

Bezos made a mistake buying way too many companies that are now under the Amazon umbrella.

Kiva Systems (warehouse robots) purchase was a very, very wise business decision.

Correct, only 1 out of 300 but most employees want better wages, benefits and seniority at Amazon.
Majority of Amazon employees would vote in favor of a union.

Imagine if there was a company wide walkout for 2 weeks…. maybe 5 weeks… ?

Hourly employees know Amazon has VERY deep pockets and saw what the Teamsters negotiated for UPS employees.
The union has lost in another vote and was turned down by a decisive margin in Alabama 2021/ out of over 2500 workers only 738 voted for the Union. There cant be a company wide walk out if the employees dont want the Union.

Just sold my GM for a 7.6% gain in less than two months. I wanted more, tired of waiting, most likely will regret it as I decide if I am going to buy NVDA today. I mean, I waited for it to go up a few hundred points, maybe Ill jump in now *LOL*

Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 10.32.12 AM.jpg

Today below
Screenshot 2024-06-05 at 3.15.03 PM.jpg

PURCHASED NVDA with my GM proceeds. I feel crazy. I am not convinced my timing is good on this NVDA so it is about 1/3 of my Roth and not selling off any WMT to purchase more at this point. It's still possible I could change my mind on selling some WMT by the end of trading today... but ... more comfy with this.

Screenshot 2024-06-05 at 3.22.39 PM.jpg

I’m getting caught up in the tech rally, mentally, after buying NVDA yesterday I want more. Not sure which, more of NVDA, or maybe META is my thinking or ______ .

The other side of me says don’t give up too much of my WMT it’s been rock solid reliable since buying it at $31ish a share even when the market gets trashed I love this company for RELIABLE. It’s exciting but I want more excitement lol

Hope to be back from the dentist before market opens 😕

Sold off some WMT, it killed me but close to 3/4 of my Roth was it. Now to buy some tech ,,, gulp... figure since WMT is stable I can always get back in if I screw up what I am about too ... *LOL* (its not funny really)

This was this mornings sell in WMT Some of this was a 100% profit ... in the company over the last 5ish years
Screenshot 2024-06-06 at 10.13.06 AM.jpg

Purchased META (which I have watched the last year)
Screenshot 2024-06-06 at 10.41.31 AM.jpg

Im just about all in again. (rounded numbers)
WMT 50%
NVDA 25%
META 25%

Got some spare change to either split between META and NVDA or ... well... I dont know

Sure, but what part of the 12% of Amazon's sales is AI related. AWS has been selling cloud computing to all kinds of people since 2006.
Dunno, but if I understand your question, I think you are talking about current AI value (and importance) in the business application.
I am focused on the future importance (and value) of Artificial Intelligence.
IMO, AI will be an increasingly critical part of business. Amazon CEO Andy Jassy has said that the company is positioned to dominate generative AI. Lofty goal, of course.

I actually understand better how NVDA trades at a 70 mulitple than Amazon trades at 50.
Agree and I admit a bit nervous now owning them at this multiple however the reason is sound to me at this time. They are blowing the doors off forward sales and profit for now. AS long as some unseen thing happens it's safe....
I actually believe in META as I did a year ago and before that even as the stock got trashed but I always shied away from Tech. and it cost me, yet I never lost anything either *LOL* so I the last 24 hours I just added both NVDA and META combines make up 50% of my Roth...

Also I always slept at night with WMT, GM, TMUS (which is doing fantastic now that I dont own it anymore)... well, now I am going to feel alive again ;)

Rounded out the spare change in my account, picked up some more META
Screenshot 2024-06-06 at 11.06.13 AM.jpg

Fully in following order top to bottom, NVDA, META, WMT (I hate tech stocks, we will see)

Screenshot 2024-06-06 at 11.10.02 AM.jpg

I could change my mind at any moment ... the only company I trust is WMT :unsure:

Back