*Investors Blog*

Charleston Is not considered a Humpty Dumpty town.

Buttcrack, Nebraska or Two Horse-town, Wyoming is what I’m trying to avoid.

Ice, snow and blizzard weather is another thing I refuse to deal with when I’m retired.

So, who is a buyer of Nvidia, Intel, AMD? anyone and why?

Against my better judgement I am thinking about jumping into NVDA, I think a lot and act not often, cant help but feel its too late in the game but what if it isnt, the company has cruise control on 100mph and seems they can do no wrong is what scares me. SO I sit and watch the stock climb to a higher purchase price without owning it. 😐

To buy what I consider a worthy amount means selling off all GM (at a profit) and some Walmart (at a profit) both of which are very stable companies.

So, who is a buyer of Nvidia, Intel, AMD? anyone and why?

Against my better judgement I am thinking about jumping into NVDA, I think a lot and act not often, cant help but feel its too late in the game but what if it isnt, the company has cruise control on 100mph and seems they can do no wrong is what scares me. SO I sit and watch the stock climb to a higher purchase price without owning it. 😐

To buy what I consider a worthy amount means selling off all GM (at a profit) and some Walmart (at a profit) both of which are very stable companies.
I jumped on the NVDA bandwagon with the mini dip and up volume in late April (around the 20th). But only bought 10 shares, no confidence...........duh

I jumped on the NVDA bandwagon with the mini dip and up volume in late April (around the 20th). But only bought 10 shares, no confidence...........duh
You know, I might do something like that and be able to sleep at night as 10 shares will be 100 shortly who knows.
I have watched this stock promoted for well over a decade in the limited publications I get. Back in 2016 $5000 in NVDA nets you 1.5 million today. Not a bad return. Because I think of my conservative nature I always avoided many tech stocks, tell my wife all the time and she me, because we ourselves are pretty tech savvy and typically some of the first users of new tech! *LOL* GO figure.

DO you know around 2002 I actually had a fairly robust desktop computer. DO you know what it was branded? The brand was "Google" computer. A company actually used googles name for a while and got away with it because google was so new... nope never bought into a search engine, even though we were already buying a lot of stuff on line (dont remember what search engine though.
Heck, 22 years ago, my wife and I met on the internet and got married ! *LOL* We tell this story all the time, everything we do it wrapped around tech but always avoided investing because of some many failures. Good news is I did invest in real property, certainly not a glorious but it pays nicely every month, yet I rather be rid of that too at this point.
Although we are well, I sometimes feel like Lucy took that football from Charle Brown one too many times! *LOL*

PS, I took notice of NVDA a couple month back too and once again did nothing. It was around the 800 mark around back in April when I bought GM on 4-16 which I may (or may not sell shortly) another less then one point and will have a 10% gain from April. Then I can sell it and watch it go higher like I expected *LOL* (yeah, Im in that kind of mood this morning)

Last edited:

“The Manufacturing PMI® registered 48.7 percent in May, down 0.5 percentage point from the 49.2 percent recorded in April. The overall economy continued in expansion for the 49th month after one month of contraction in April 2020. (A Manufacturing PMI® above 42.5 percent, over a period of time, generally indicates an expansion of the overall economy.) The New Orders Index remained in contraction territory, registering 45.4 percent, 3.7 percentage points lower than the 49.1 percent recorded in April. The May reading of the Production Index (50.2 percent) is 1.1 percentage points lower than April’s figure of 51.3 percent. The Prices Index registered 57 percent, down 3.9 percentage points compared to the reading of 60.9 percent in April. The Backlog of Orders Index registered 42.4 percent, down 3 percentage points compared to the 45.4 percent recorded in April. The Employment Index registered 51.1 percent, up 2.5 percentage points from April’s figure of 48.6 percent.

You know, I might do something like that and be able to sleep at night as 10 shares will be 100 shortly who knows.
I have watched this stock promoted for well over a decade in the limited publications I get. Back in 2016 $5000 in NVDA nets you 1.5 million today. Not a bad return. Because I think of my conservative nature I always avoided many tech stocks, tell my wife all the time and she me, because we ourselves are pretty tech savvy and typically some of the first users of new tech! *LOL* GO figure.

DO you know around 2002 I actually had a fairly robust desktop computer. DO you know what it was branded? The brand was "Google" computer. A company actually used googles name for a while and got away with it because google was so new... nope never bought into a search engine, even though we were already buying a lot of stuff on line (dont remember what search engine though.
Heck, 22 years ago, my wife and I met on the internet and got married ! *LOL* We tell this story all the time, everything we do it wrapped around tech but always avoided investing because of some many failures. Good news is I did invest in real property, certainly not a glorious but it pays nicely every month, yet I rather be rid of that too at this point.
Although we are well, I sometimes feel like Lucy took that football from Charle Brown one too many times! *LOL*

PS, I took notice of NVDA a couple month back too and once again did nothing. It was around the 800 mark around back in April when I bought GM on 4-16 which I may (or may not sell shortly) another less then one point and will have a 10% gain from April. Then I can sell it and watch it go higher like I expected *LOL* (yeah, Im in that kind of mood this morning)
AG, tech has been the place to be at least partially invested for the last 30 years, but remember it is a roller coaster and will continue to be one.
I admire your conservative approach; I am a very conservative investor but living and working in the Silicon Valley bubble gives one a different outlook and huge opportunity.

Your methodology is working for you. Keep up the good work.

I always knew Amazon would eventually unionize.

I once had a very nice amount of Amazon shares and sold everything.

Some unions are good, some unions are terrible.
Well let's not blow the Amazon thing out of proportion yet. Only 1 out of over 300 Amazon Warehouses (maybe more than 300, plus distribution centers etc) is Unionized and that Union is seeking to affiliate with the Teamsters.

Amazon's business model is interesting.

I jumped on Amazon Prime at $79 for I think what was $4, two day shipping and free ground shipping, or something like that. Was a Prime member for at least 15 years and I dropped it this year. Ordering anything without prime is worse. Walmart has gotten much better, as have other vendors. There streaming at this point is a joke, used to rival Netflix (which has its own problems).

ie Amazon now has legitimate competitors, some with deep pockets. Bezo's is too busy furnishing his new Miami houses and ogling his new trophy wife to care it seems.

I realize I am a sample of one, and I know Amazon has a lot of other businesses like the cloud, but more and more of their revenue is coming from subscriptions and advertising. I have to wonder if they have too many spinning plates. Seems like there trying to compete with Meta not Walmart or Target, and doing poorly at all of it.

Amazon's business model is interesting.

I jumped on Amazon Prime at $79 for I think what was $4, two day shipping and free ground shipping, or something like that. Was a Prime member for at least 15 years and I dropped it this year. Ordering anything without prime is worse. Walmart has gotten much better, as have other vendors. There streaming at this point is a joke, used to rival Netflix (which has its own problems).

ie Amazon now has legitimate competitors, some with deep pockets. Bezo's is too busy furnishing his new Miami houses and ogling his new trophy wife to care it seems.

I realize I am a sample of one, and I know Amazon has a lot of other businesses like the cloud, but more and more of their revenue is coming from subscriptions and advertising. I have to wonder if they have too many spinning plates. Seems like there trying to compete with Meta not Walmart or Target, and doing poorly at all of it.
They make their money on the cloud. For sure.

Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the third most important revenue stream, contributing 12.5% to the overall mix. However, despite contributing a relatively small percentage to total revenue in 2019, AWS made up a large portion of Amazon’s operating income, making it the key to the company’s overall profitability.

Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the third most important revenue stream, contributing 12.5% to the overall mix. However, despite contributing a relatively small percentage to total revenue in 2019, AWS made up a large portion of Amazon’s operating income, making it the key to the company’s overall profitability.
So we should value them as highly profitable ISP at 1/8 there size because everything else doesn't make much money? :ROFLMAO:

Like I said, there business model is interesting.

I actually understand better how NVDA trades at a 70 mulitple than Amazon trades at 50.

Back