*Investors Blog*

I believe things will grind higher until the election, Santa Claus rally in December and correction in the 1st quarter of 2025.

Things will continue to be propped up till the election.
Kind of my reasoning of allocating more to equities recently.

I believe things will grind higher until the election, Santa Claus rally in December and correction in the 1st quarter of 2025.

Things will continue to be propped up till the election.
Yeah and with the economy slowing they can use the excuse that the Fed may lower rates after all. It's kind of funny... it's always news to fit which way the market goes.

Economy is slowing, my indicators say so.
"While the LEI’s six-month and annual growth rates no longer signal a forthcoming recession, they still point to serious headwinds to growth ahead. Indeed, elevated inflation, high interest rates, rising household debt, and depleted pandemic savings are all expected to continue weighing on the US economy in 2024"

Matches my data. We have a good economy for a small number of people. Its working for me, but I have seen this rodeo before. My industry lags.

I updated under "Edit" in post 3836 after speaking to my wife this morning.
It's not just her section that has seen a change, it's others in her company that have as well. Im not sure about their overseas division. Just USA, they are still doing well but they were talking about a significant shift taking place.
Impossible to know what it means. Could be some window dressing to make profits look better? Not likely but too soon to know. Next week or month it could be a whole new game unless it isnt. We will see.

I will watch more closely now, wonder if this can be an indicator or blip. I never paid much attention... but then there is BITOG and maybe I should listen to my wife *LOL*

TGT getting smacked down almost 12 points (7.5%) at 11:30 am
WMT up

Last edited:
Economy is slowing, my indicators say so.

I agree with you economy is slowing.
What are your indicators ?

I’ve mentioned before I follow the trucking industry very, very closely and listening to what the long haul truckers crisscrossing the USA are saying about the economy.

People are tired of inflation, getting smarter about what they buy and starting to cut back on buying stuff they don't really need.

Maybe they realized they are broke and no other choice than to curb their spending habits.

Nice earnings report from NVIDIA.
AI chipset Supercomputers for the win!
Profit and revenue skyrocketed by 628% and 268% YoY. Have mercy...

They must be partying in Santa Clara...
Astro, I believe we are at an inflection point.
Everything is changing around here.

Last edited:
Yesterday.

But in general I don’t look at small percentages that fluctuate.

NVDL buy today and see what happens tomorrow.

Last edited:
Nice earnings report from NVIDIA.
It is. And they’re no doubt a good tech company. But I saw the article - NVDA is now worth more than all German companies combined.

Sure, Germany is what, the size of the state of Wisconsin or something?

All the same, it’s hard to believe the valuations other than just printed money chasing sales. The ratios are obviously different for reasons that generally make sense between companies, markets, sectors, etc. but…

“A tale of the tape finds the German companies, from A.S. Creation Tapeten (XE:ACWN) to Zooplus (DE:ZO1) with the likes of BMW (XE:BMW), SAP (XE:SAP) and Volkswagen (XE:VOW3) in between, earned EUR121.56 billion on sales of EUR2.96 trillion last year, according to FactSet.

Including its better-than-forecast fiscal first quarter, Nvidia over the last 12 months has earned $42.6 billion on sales of $79.7 billion.”

Don’t get me wrong, I profit from this too. And so I’m not looking a gift horse in the mouth. But it’s just wacky.

It is. And they’re no doubt a good tech company. But I saw the article - NVDA is now worth more than all German companies combined.

Sure, Germany is what, the size of the state of Wisconsin or something?

All the same, it’s hard to believe the valuations other than just printed money chasing sales. The ratios are obviously different for reasons that generally make sense between companies, markets, sectors, etc. but…

“A tale of the tape finds the German companies, from A.S. Creation Tapeten (XE:ACWN) to Zooplus (DE:ZO1) with the likes of BMW (XE:BMW), SAP (XE:SAP) and Volkswagen (XE:VOW3) in between, earned EUR121.56 billion on sales of EUR2.96 trillion last year, according to FactSet.

Including its better-than-forecast fiscal first quarter, Nvidia over the last 12 months has earned $42.6 billion on sales of $79.7 billion.”

Don’t get me wrong, I profit from this too. And so I’m not looking a gift horse in the mouth. But it’s just wacky.
I would compare the companies you listed vs NVIDIA as, "How many AI Supercomputers did the other companies make?"
NVIDIA solutions for supercomputing are leading the pack for AI, the next world changing technology.
NVIDIA AI Supercomputers give researchers the power they need to simulate and predict our world.

Artificial Intelligence offers the promise of incredibly fast answers to questions based on "the rise of data". No group of people can compare. Add deep learning and natural language interface...
Given that, solution cost to predictions, product development and new discoveries becomes minimal and accelerates all of it.

Here is an example from my career:
One of the most valuable and confidential things a company owns and works on is their corporate forecast. If you develop it or are privy to it you are a company insider. Of course, by definition, the forecast is wrong. The company that forecasts better will win.
I worked for many years developing the world wide forecast application; the business need for information is forever changing. Analytics on data, like linear regression, requires knowledgeable development on numerous concentrations: database design and programming, front end programming and statistics. And you had better be ready for the next set of questions; they will be far harder the the last. And you had better be right and explain your process, assumptions and results.

Last edited:
Back