Investing Strategies. What is your move?

I'm not joking. A home to live in is a critical investment and an important part of my portfolio. Where are you gonna live? And if you are smart enough to live in a great area like Silicon Valley, you just might become a multi millionaire just by paying your mortgage.
A few of my neighbors sold and moved out of the area, fat dumb and happy.

IMO, you are either paying your mortgage or someone else's.
ah... yeah, I think I said that some posts back. I assume we weren't talking owning our primary residence when we were talking investing I was talking about owning property as a major part of my (or anyones) investments, actually my majority by far vs stocks. Painless, nothing to worry about, no ups and downs, no stress.
AS far as I am concerned I dont look at primary residence as "liquid" unless you dont mind uprooting your life to retire someplace else but either way you have to live someplace.

I wont have to sell my home to cash out and move someplace else but if one wishes too that is fine. In a way we did that 16 years ago when we moved south but I looked at that as quality of life thing getting out of NY even though we ended up with a much nicer and larger home and better quality of life.
Im glad you like your area, I love mine and certainly wont feel the need to move out so I can afford to retire. But dont see our residences being discussed in an investment forum as part of the forum?
I guess it could as long as we dont assume.

Last edited:
The same can happen with blue chip conservative stocks as well. Look at what happened to General Electric. You could almost see the tears in the eyes of CNBC reporters because their portfolios had large chunks of GE stock in them.

Bozo Jeff Immelt destroyed GE, went on a buying spree overpaying for companies and taking on a crazy amount of debt. Jack retired and Jeff took over a few days before 9-11 terrorist attacks.

GE did a reverse stock split and a very clear sign they are struggling. Next year the mothership gets broken up into 3 different companies with their own ticker symbol.

Business Schools need to do case study on how not to destroy a company in under 2 decades.

Last edited:
Paraphrasing a line from Bob Brinker many years ago;

“When the bear market enters the house of ill repute, no one is immune, not even the piano player.”

Apple is at a crucial price point here. If they close below $125 then the fall will be substantial. For a long term investor this would create a nice buying opportunity if one can endure the pain for a while.

ah... yeah, I think I said that some posts back. I assume we weren't talking owning our primary residence when we were talking investing I was talking about owning property as a major part of my (or anyones) investments, actually my majority by far vs stocks. Painless, nothing to worry about, no ups and downs, no stress.
AS far as I am concerned I dont look at primary residence as "liquid" unless you dont mind uprooting your life to retire someplace else but either way you have to live someplace.

I wont have to sell my home to cash out and move someplace else but if one wishes too that is fine. In a way we did that 16 years ago when we moved south but I looked at that as quality of life thing getting out of NY even though we ended up with a much nicer and larger home and better quality of life.
Im glad you like your area, I love mine and certainly wont feel the need to move out so I can afford to retire. But dont see our residences being discussed in an investment forum as part of the forum?
I guess it could as long as we dont assume.
It's all part of one's portfolio. In my area, if you bought a new house around 1970 in a good (not best) Silicon Valley area, you would have paid less than $30K. That's close to $3M today. Pretty good investment, I'd say. Whoda thunk it.

At $90 Tesla is a buy and I’m being very generous.
52 week low at $141 today.

I got a little money in TSLS.

Maybe Elon can sell Twitter to TikTok parent company ?
:unsure:

**** Price Correction ****

$77.77 is where I will start nibbling. I got some cash on the sidelines dedicated for TSLA.

Also announced earlier was Amazon adding 8000 more employees to the list of layoffs and they say more are coming.

Also announced earlier was Amazon adding 8000 more employees to the list of layoffs and they say more are coming.

I hate seeing people lose their job but Amazon grew way too fast, purchased way too many businesses (now under the Amazon umbrella) and have to right size their business.

Last edited:
I hate seeing people lose their job but Amazon grew way too fast, purchased way too many businesses (now under the Amazon umbrella) and have to right size their business.

It was a product of over hiring when the 🦠 hit and their business soared. Now that has settled back to normal.

Wells Fargo is stepping back from the multitrillion-dollar market for U.S. mortgages amid regulatory pressure and the impact of higher interest rates……

Thinking, based on past transgressions, the regulatory pressures are the primary issue.....

Thinking, based on past transgressions, the regulatory pressures are the primary issue.....
Yes, you are correct. Having done a short stint at Wells Fargo. Charlie (the new CEO) who took over after the scandals of up to a decade ago truly and without question slowly but surely got the company under control.
We have to remember they are a massive company and it takes time to correct a massive ship. He did that, I like the guy, he was relentless promoting do what is right for the customer, all kinds of safe guards to report any type of abuse ect. Thousands of employees were fired over this.

Well, let me say something about politicians and the Senate/House banking committee as well as a well known House member Maxine Waters. (no politics here) Just describing the unrelenting political climate that Wells Fargo was baring all on its own was also reported in the media with the named person above.
Anyway, Charlie can never do right, it got to the point where the committee was even telling WF to remove a board member as he struggled to comply with all their wishes and the FED in order to get the 2 trillion dollar asset cap removed that was placed on them for past mis-deeds.
SO more and more they started shifting and selling less profitable business away in order to grow the more profitable while operating under the 2 trillion asset cap.

Being such a huge company, there will always be a misdeed on a more local level and the committee just seems to stay laser focused on WF, every mis step they are under attack while many others fly under the radar. Well good for him, he just stuck his nose up at them again. Keep restricting WF, lets someone else deal with it. He in so many words diplomatically said this in his statement if you read it. The leading mortgage companies do not go under the scrutiny that they put WF under because I feel big banks make big headlines for the Banking Committee not companies like Rocket Mortgage. The average voter would go who? or shrug their shoulders.

It's why the other big banks have also notched down the home mortgage business, as anything they do and are attacked as ignoring a certain segment of the population ect... it's a big headache.
(Have no idea why I am typing all this, kind of passionate about the subject but lets not comment about politics and I have limited myself in that scope, it has been a while since I updated myself on WF but I believe they still have the asset cap in place and they have been expecting it to be removed a long time now)I jsut sold my WF in my Roth but I do have a significant holding (for me anyway) in my WF 401k which is very positive right now and was going to get rid of that this year maybe as well. Rolling the dice as earnings coming out Friday I think.

Last edited:
Yes, you are correct. Having done a short stint at Wells Fargo. Charlie (the new CEO) who took over after the scandals of up to a decade ago truly and without question slowly but surely got the company under control.
We have to remember they are a massive company and it takes time to correct a massive ship. He did that, I like the guy, he was relentless promoting do what is right for the customer, all kinds of safe guards to report any type of abuse ect. Thousands of employees were fired over this.

Well, let me say something about politicians and the Senate/House banking committee as well as a well known House member Maxine Waters. (no politics here) Just describing the unrelenting political climate that Wells Fargo was baring all on its own was also reported in the media with the named person above.
Anyway, Charlie can never do right, it got to the point where the committee was even telling WF to remove a board member as he struggled to comply with all their wishes and the FED in order to get the 2 trillion dollar asset cap removed that was placed on them for past mis-deeds.
SO more and more they started shifting and selling less profitable business away in order to grow the more profitable while operating under the 2 trillion asset cap.

Being such a huge company, there will always be a misdeed on a more local level and the committee just seems to stay laser focused on WF, every mis step they are under attack while many others fly under the radar. Well good for him, he just stuck his nose up at them again. Keep restricting WF, lets someone else deal with it. He in so many words diplomatically said this in his statement if you read it. The leading mortgage companies do not go under the scrutiny that they put WF under because I feel big banks make big headlines for the Banking Committee not companies like Rocket Mortgage. The average voter would go who? or shrug their shoulders.

It's why the other big banks have also notched down the home mortgage business, as anything they do and are attacked as ignoring a certain segment of the population ect... it's a big headache.
(Have no idea why I am typing all this, kind of passionate about the subject but lets not comment about politics and I have limited myself in that scope, it has been a while since I updated myself on WF but I believe they still have the asset cap in place and they have been expecting it to be removed a long time now)I jsut sold my WF in my Roth but I do have a significant holding (for me anyway) in my WF 401k which is very positive right now and was going to get rid of that this year maybe as well. Rolling the dice as earnings coming out Friday I think.
I think the attack on Wells Fargo is a complete bait and switch. Wells has done nothing to exploit consumers like Wells larger peers, such as Citi and Chase. Wells essentially has been bullied by certain people for minor infractions when compared to its much larger NY based peers.

I think the attack on Wells Fargo is a complete bait and switch. Wells has done nothing to exploit consumers like Wells larger peers, such as Citi and Chase. Wells essentially has been bullied by certain people for minor infractions when compared to its much larger NY based peers.
Exactly, under constant attack but I think Charlie is starting to play his hand pretty well. It’s interesting

More big tech layoffs.

Back