Investing Strategies. What is your move?

You guys fixate on TSLA. I don't even follow the stock.
It's my entertainment other than watching soap operas ;)
Why, cause someplace in my mind, I got caught up in the EV thing and thought/knew if a company like Tesla stock price came down to earth I might buy some or GM which I really like their talk and new models to come out.
and ...
No one else is talking about anything else in this thread... give more ideas for nice, stable, long term investments that wont wreck your Roth.
Ive mentioned many times what I own and no one else does that actually turns to conversation?

alarmguy,

We will see how low Tesla goes during the 2023 recession that’s on the horizon. Have cash on sidelines for buying opportunities, for now I’m enjoying TSLS….. it’s a no brainer with all the vultures circling above. Lots of people that bought Tesla on margin are getting killed.

During a recession even the upper middle class that are currently buying Teslas will circle the wagons and cut their spending.

skyactive,

Sounds like a good investment if you can R&R and it doesn’t become a money pit.

Last edited:
AAP and TGT might be buys right now

Id be real cautious about retail. Inflation right now is so out of control, that the markets haven't adjusted yet. The last couple earnings calls for Target have been lackluster. Some items are seeing 100-200% inflation cost in just the past year. Case in point, bleach. I used to be able to get a jug of bleach at Target for $2.XX last year. This year its $6.50. Same jug. Spending habits are going to drastically change in the coming year as people have less disposable income and are buying necessities. My opinion.... retail stocks are going down 20% in the near term. (I own $40,000 worth of Target stock)

Id be real cautious about retail. Inflation right now is so out of control, that the markets haven't adjusted yet. The last couple earnings calls for Target have been lackluster. Some items are seeing 100-200% inflation cost in just the past year. Case in point, bleach. I used to be able to get a jug of bleach at Target for $2.XX last year. This year its $6.50. Same jug. Spending habits are going to drastically change in the coming year as people have less disposable income and are buying necessities. My opinion.... retail stocks are going down 20% in the near term. (I own $40,000 worth of Target stock)
I agree. Caution and small positions!

The only reason I mention them is indeed recession watch - fixing beaters and the people close to Targets looking for value.

AAP and TGT might be buys right now

On the fence with TROW, DLR, MAIN

Going to buy BXSL today
I dont know about those others except TGT. I screen shot this, if ever time will look at them.
I hate TGT from a consumer standpoint, though in reality at the time that I bought WMT back when it was $90 a share I would have been better off buying TGT IF, IF I had the intention of selling it but now TGT to me, well, I feel vindicated to myself.

I hate the brand, I cant help it, I hate walking in our Target here and rarely do, it offers me nothing but half baked jack of all trades kind of feel. The problem is, that is just one store but I guess I was right in a way.

With that said, I sort of have to believe in something and TGT recent loss kind of sums it up. WMT has held strong because of its extensive grocery line up which has held up earnings and store traffic. TGT tried to compete but they dont come close and what held up WMT (groceries) isnt holding up TGT because as much as they try, TGT groceries lineup isnt close to WMT as both stores regular retail line up was hurting.
Gosh, it seems overnight, the constant stream of workers filling grocery orders and cars pulling up the outside of the building to have them loaded in their cars.

Again, just me, nothing that interests me about Target but that doesnt mean anything except why I own WMT instead and honestly if I get another good hard bounce in the coming year who knows, I might bailout, unless I see some/more promise in their upcoming medical facilities or some other catalyst. I was kind of hopeful about their excursion into the medical field but haven't heard more about it so it has me wondering.

As long as WMT and TGT are not next to each other none of that matters. 😁

Listen I'm not a TGT advocate. But wow, the ladies sure do dig the place - some of those sweet things won't even get near a WMT.

I'm just glad it's not TSLA 24/7.

Thoughts on AAP?

WMT, COST and AMZN are on my buy list for next year.
I dont know too much other than to say if WMT gives me one last and final strong run I might be very tempted by AMZN, even though I hate the company means nothing about the company that Americans love. Throw in their cloud data services and I think it's just a matter of time before a rebound. I will admit I need to read up on the company though, but AMZN has been on my mind to do just that.

Again, knowing nothing other than COSTCO seems to be the darling of the retail trade, its seems so good that I like AMZN for it diversified cloud services I think, at least until I learn more.
Just wanted to reply before I forgot and before I shut this computer off. (finally, today *L*)

It’s getting there.
You know, call me crazy, but I find this intensely interesting, I mean here we have a successful company that was selling at way too high a multiple for its industry with intense competition heading its way that the investment community seemed to ignore. (What’s that lady fund manager name again? Cathie Wood)

Watching this HUGE fall from grace which to me feels historical for a company loved by so many in the media and markets until recently, an example on who is a friend on Wall Street one day can be washed away the next,

Nobody knows it could all change tomorrow. I have no idea it would almost make sense to have a up day or up week which I thought would’ve happened already.
Wow…

A8380946-261B-4A58-94BF-7F9CB7170960.jpeg

Last edited:
You know, call me crazy, but I find this intensely interesting, I mean here we have a successful company that was selling at way too high a multiple for its industry with intense competition heading its way that the investment community seemed to ignore. (What’s that lady fund manager name again? Cathie Wood)

Watching this HUGE fall from grace which to me feels historical for a company loved by so many in the media and markets until recently, an example on who is a friend on Wall Street one day can be washed away the next,

Nobody knows it could all change tomorrow. I have no idea it would almost make sense to have a up day or up week which I thought would’ve happened already.
Wow…

View attachment 132696

The emotional purchase of this stock is done, now it will trade at a value more in line with reality.

1671818702741.jpg

Back