Investing Strategies. What is your move?

More big tech layoffs.

11,000 jobs is a big number.

I keep getting e-mails that 401Ks/ IRAs will be confiscated to pay off the debt. I usually don't open them because they often come from companies selling gold. Is this really a possibility?

I keep getting e-mails that 401Ks/ IRAs will be confiscated to pay off the debt. I usually don't open them because they often come from companies selling gold. Is this really a possibility?
No.
It's a scare tactic.

BUT It is based on reality.

Early in the Obama admin a couple nutty communists proposed it.

Absolute political suicide. That will happen when they get the votes. Not quite there yet.

No.
It's a scare tactic.

Absolute political suicide. That will happen when they get the votes. Not quite there yet.

“You will own nothing.” That might include your own retirement plan.

But we are not yet there as you said. Meanwhile in a snowy part of Europe…..

The Fed raised rates by 25 basis point today and says further rate increases are still in the works.

I don’t know about everyone else but gasoline prices have been headed back up. We saw a 20¢ increase just this past week. Food prices are continuing to go up as well. Utilities are raising rates too.

Google to lay off 12,000. Silicon Valley is shuddering with all these layoffs.
There are over 11 million job openings ... I'd think most laid-off people should be able to find some kind other work. Still a work force shortage, but people don't seem to want to work anymore, lol.

Do that with 401s/IRAs etc, and cut SS/Medicare, etc and watch how the economy does ... lots of people won't be buying anything but the bare minimum if that ironic move happens. I'm sure there are plenty of wasteful spending that can be cut way before things that help keep people alive.

No.
It's a scare tactic.

If they try to do it you would see the biggest crash in stock market history. Throw in bank runs as people panic. This wouldn’t be limited to the US either.

Then there would be this.

In my quarterly report from American Century today I saw some info on a new ETF from Avantis which is AC’s latest division. The ticker is AVGE. It’s a Total World Market holding. What is interesting is that it is a one stop shop so to speak in that this ETF invests in other Avantis ETFs this covering the world market. A interesting idea.

AOL parent laying people off, but that's no surprise - which I thought related to Yahoo, as both owned by Apollo

With the historic job creation I can't keep up.................. :D

Back