Investing Strategies. What is your move?

Stihl benefited from the lockdown as people worked on their yards and property. Now that party is over and Stihl will revert to normal times.

Who is Art? Never heard of him. I would not compare a Chinese clone to a real Stihl product. The fact that it’s a clone smacks of product espionage.
Art Hall is an old friend of mine. A legendary tree climber in the South Bay Area. Owns and operates New Life Tree Company.
We used to work together before I caved and went back to college.

Your comment about people working on their property during the downturn is interesting. People who bought Stihl bought (and paid dearly for) the best. I've run a lotta saws; my favorite was Poulan because of the more reasonable price. Of course they aren't a Husky or Stihl...
Husqvarna makes a great, high speed saw but seem to be more temperamental.

Art Hall is an old friend of mine. A legendary tree climber in the South Bay Area. Owns and operates New Life Tree Company.
We used to work together before I caved and went back to college.

Your comment about people working on their property during the downturn is interesting. People who bought Stihl bought (and paid dearly for) the best. I've run a lotta saws; my favorite was Poulan because of the more reasonable price. Of course they aren't a Husky or Stihl...
Husqvarna makes a great, high speed saw but seem to be more temperamental.

It depends on how often you use it. Stihl is a great brand. I know a few people that have their products and I even own some long handled pruners from them. Their battery powered stuff is good as well.

Those that had a lot of free time on their hands and still had money coming in were handed honey do lists and power tools became a big seller.

I’ve had decent luck with Echo as well.

It depends on how often you use it. Stihl is a great brand. I know a few people that have their products and I even own some long handled pruners from them. Their battery powered stuff is good as well.

Those that had a lot of free time on their hands and still had money coming in were handed honey do lists and power tools became a big seller.

I’ve had decent luck with Echo as well.
Echo is a great saw. I remember when a friend bought one; I thought it was stupid. Dang thing cut all day...

Truly amazing. I love BITOG.

Investing thread? Chainsaws!!

Unfortunately Stihl is not public.

They have a lot of products. Their chainsaws are well regarded but they have excellent hand tools and other power equipment. Next time you are near a McLendons hardware check it out. They carry a lot of Stihl products.

Unfortunately Stihl is not public.

They have a lot of products. Their chainsaws are well regarded but they have excellent hand tools and other power equipment. Next time you are near a McLendons hardware check it out. They carry a lot of Stihl products.
Lotta trees around here. Lotta Garden Tool and Repair shops, and they are always packed with professionals. Stihl is the tool of choice, as I'm sure you know.

Stihl probably has 50% market share on all OPE.

In the professional market, it's probably 85% or more.

I think the people that buy Husky, Jonesred, etc., do so because they always think they will save $19 and get "about as good service" from anything they buy. You'll never convince them otherwise.

TD Ameritrade is now Charles Schwab and I’m learning how to navigate the CS website.

I like Fidelity website best due to the user interface and easy to use.
I am in the same boat.

Schwab is for sure not intuitive.

I also have fidelity. I only do fixed income with that account but it’s better than schwab.

Ameritrade was much better than both imho.

Vanguard website looks as if it was designed by some high school students.

Its just a very, very, very basic website which is great for DCA folks on investing cruise control.

I opened Roth IRAs for my kids on Vanguard just for the fact it’s the most basic website and they won‘t get ‘lost’ when making transactions.

Last edited:
TD Ameritrade is now Charles Schwab and I’m learning how to navigate the CS website.

I like Fidelity website best due to the user interface and easy to use.
Disappointing to hear. I like TD (just checked and apparently our accounts aren't slated to move until November) but definitely find some things easier in Fidelity.

Maybe I'm getting lucky just consolidated most of out Roth IRA value from TD to Fidelity but more for ease of most stuff in one place.

Disappointing to hear. I like TD (just checked and apparently our accounts aren't slated to move until November) but definitely find some things easier in Fidelity.

Maybe I'm getting lucky just consolidated most of out Roth IRA value from TD to Fidelity but more for ease of most stuff in one place.
TD bank is different than TD Ameritrade. I believe?

TD bank is different than TD Ameritrade. I believe?
I believe TD Bank, or likely the parent company, sold off TD Waterhouse in the early 2000s. The acquisition made TD Waterhouse --> TD Ameritrade. I was referring to TD Ameritrade in my post. Although I have a TD Bank checking account too - no complaints other then the terribly low interest rate.

Back