Internet Speed Check-In

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally canned my dialup. Rated as a 7.5mb/s connection.

448507653.png

Local cable company keeps me happy. Not bad when you consider the fact that the router is 15 feet away and on the 'other' side of the wall. 802.11g isn't too shabby here. I guess I don't have to get an "N" router yet.

Just for kicks, when you post your speeds let us know how much you pay for the service and how reliable it is.

Also if you get ANY slow down during peak hours

Originally Posted By: XS650
Rated at a 6 mb/s

For Bill.

$35/month. No slowdown during peak hours. Service has been dead reliable for a bit over year except for one outage that lasted a few days while I spent a lot of time talking to clueless script readers in various countries.

When a tech finally came out and fixed the problem (sick modem), she gave me her business card and said that in the future I could call her department directly to avoid the clueless script readers.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
My DSL just got upgraded when I was on vacation! W00T!

$42/month (I supply my modem, so no modem rental fee), VERY reliable. No slow-down during peak hours.

for home, $10 a month because I split with my neighbor, I think she paid something like $40 but she was renting the house out to 4 other girls.

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
Just for kicks, when you post your speeds let us know how much you pay for the service and how reliable it is.

How much is yours? ($5 month?) And I bet it never goes down and never slows down.
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah

How much is yours? ($5 month?) And I bet it never goes down and never slows down.
LOL.gif

I pay $37 a month for 100 gigs max download per month.

Includes a UPS system which keeps the gateway up for about 8 hours (if you can stand the !#$^& alarm going off every 10 sec when the power is off)

I run my VOIP (Vonage) off it, a wireless router and a few computers.

Does not slow down but we have had it off line twice now. Both times are when some idiot backhoe operator nailed the optic line somewhere.

The Vonage and internet charge ($22 + $37) is much cheaper than my old phone service alone. And I get internet plus long distance!
thumbsup2.gif

Bill

PS: if I go over 100 gigs, it jumps up to $50. (never gotten close to 50 gigs a month. And I watch stuff online quite a bit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back