Interesting RX observation

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Gary Allen

- I bought a used car
- used amsoil engine flush with fresh oil-chepo wal mart

-changed oil/filter to synthetic- ran 6k- kept filter
-used RX with gtx oil & new filter -

compared the filter with just syntec to the GTX filter.
and to my eyes the syntec cleaned much more then the RX filter.
By a long shot -
Compared to the OCI with the Syntec the RX looked like it did nothing at all......just light brown

I will take a look and probably post pictures in a few months when I will be done the rinse phase of RX.

What ever residual was left I am sure was burnt off in the first 100kms of the oci.

Syntec and the GTX oil had 6,000kms on both of them.

Hopefully the rinse phase will net some cleaning - otherwise my observations do not bode well for RX.
I have used Auto in one car previous but did not get to check the filters.

Last edited:
Sounds like your engine may already be cleaned with the flush.

If there is NONE to clean, what do you want to see?
While the engine gets dirty from combustion, it will take a little bit of time.

Forgive me of my ignorance, I am just thinking logically here.

I have finished all my car and truck with ARX and all of them come out with better acceleration and smooth running engine. On my Camry in particular, I used to have to punch the gas pedal since I bought it at 37k miles to move, after ARX finished at around 140k, I don't have to do that anymore. So I have a car that is like new.

The quantification is not only by looking at the oil filter. As someone suggested, you may want to do Compression test before and after.

Each car is unique.

I agree - perhaps the Amsoil did enough cleaning.

however It is much easier to view the, already exposed filter media- than it would be for me to compression test the engine.

I will definetly post after the rinse phase - hopefully with pic's

Mori ther area would have already been clean. My Mazda looked bad when I had the valve cover off (gasket change) but it runs so much better than when purchased used, not to mention it doesn't use oil like it used to. But then I run my own cleaning regime and have done for years. Never less than 3,500 miles and very particular on the oil used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back