Interesting RX observation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: moribundman
Originally Posted By: c3po
I always love Mori's comments, no matter what he says he will always be my friend.

Sweet, but I don't want any ingratiating prigs as friends!
LOL.gif

When are you going to pickup your Nobel Peace Prize, Mori!

Originally Posted By: BigNick
Is ARX a site sponsor? Any coupon codes or extra discounts for us?
(yes, I tried searching)

Not anymore.

Go to the ARX website and contact Frank, that's about all you can do.

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Once I held a bottle of ARX next to the engine, which promptly quieted down.

Hmmm, I wonder if that will work if I hold a bottle next to someone's mouth.

How was your day honey? blah, blah (holds ARX to face).
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Mori's on his game the last week or so. Cool.

Is that code for "off his med's"?

Originally Posted By: jmac
Originally Posted By: Pablo
Mori's on his game the last week or so. Cool.

Is that code for "off his med's"?

Maybe his female unit is away?

Back to the OP, it is likely that residuals from the Amsoiul flush may have darkened the oil and some gooey residuals present in the filter. Quick flush products do remove some of the easy to let go grime. However I have never found them to be effect in cleaning key internal part, like rings and lans. Let us know what your rinse phase produces.

Let me get this straight.

You used a solvent cleaner ...looked that the filter. It was dirty.

You then added Auto-Rx ..and saw literally nothing in the clean phase filter.

Can you reverse time and skip the Amsoil flush and rewrite the post?

I'm just trying to see if I got this correct.

The most significant cleaning that takes place with Auto-Rx is the rings and ring grooves in the pistons. If the rings are coked up with hard carbon deposits that prevent a good cylinder seal, then you should notice a nice improvement in power and possibly engine smoothness after Auto-Rx treatment(s). The ony way to really quantify how much good was done on your pistons/rings is a before and after compression test, combine with some careful before and after fuel consumption testing. The cleaning in the valvetrain area is only a side-benefit, imo, but seems to be what everyone is so intent on looking at for their cleaning results and comparisons.

Originally Posted By: sprintman
Looking in the valve cover area is for nimbys. I still wonder what people expect to see there?

Good Point, auto-rx works in areas of your engine that you cannot see by just taking off your valve cover.

Originally Posted By: Onmo'Eegusee
It does not do much in the cleaning phase, the rinse phase is when the magic happens. :p

I agree 100%

I just looked at the 710 dipstick in my '95 Civic this morning with about 450 miles into the rinse phase and was pleasantly surprised to see the 710 *notably* darker even in such a short period of time!

The two prior treatments had syn in the treatment phases with dino in the rinses; this is the first time I've used dino in both treatment and rinse phases, along with a full 12-ounce bottle and (shudder at the thought!) going about 3500 miles on the treatment portion. Extending the treatment phase was not really intentional, rather, I was either too lazy or it was too cold, or both :)

Yep, a BIG +1 on the rinse phase results being the king, as well as using dino for both the treatment and rinse phases.

auto-rx works in areas of your engine that you cannot see by just taking off your valve cover.

In that case, next time someone posts an image of their clean engine uppers, please point that out.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back