Interesting potential twist in Mobil 1 saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
It's obviously a "New Coke" type situation. Take it away and the hoards of believers will cry out for it.
MobilMan.jpg

crackmeup2.gif
You my friend, get the award for best picture!!!!
crackmeup2.gif

Personally, I liked New Coke and after Classic was reintroduced, I took advantage of the New Coke hatred and bought it for $.25 out of the cheap drinks machine at the local grocery store. Hey, aving a quarter was a big deal for a 9 year old.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
e0e1693f2d7f107a57ff9d324550a3d9c6439a74.jpg

This guy would be promoting it, but he only sticks to German made products... Sorry Mobil.

LOL.gif

I'm here all week!!!!!

hes actually promoting edge since its 8x better and his towels are 8x as absorbent
20.gif

Last edited:
Seriously, I wouldn't work in the lubricants based business unit of my oil company. The profit margins are thin and the bonus are not as lucrative as other performance units. Therefore I don't think that other than a few passionate folks, lubricants in major oil companies attracts the brightest and the best. Nothing against the bright and interesting triboligist who participate here, it is simply not a sector worth much investment compared to the energy side. The quality of the consumer service representatives is obviously representative of this.

Last edited:
i am 43 now and i hated new coke...cokes biggest mistake, like the edsal

I hated new coke also. However, you see someone did indeed like it. Now compare the above to choices in oil. A lot of people will bash on any product that they don't use. I was at several Walmarts over the weekend hunting for closeouts and every one had Mobil 1 on the shelves, they weren't fully stocked so that should be a testament to the fact the product is moving, even at the high prices they command for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back