Interesting potential twist in Mobil 1 saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: strombony
No doubt...I'm going to be checking this out at my Walmart over the weekend. Maybe EXOM is giong belly up!! those greedy B-stards!

I wouldnt count on it. Profits in 2008 eclipsed even their insane retarded 2007 profits.

Wow this thread grew in the past few hours. How about this theory: WM was shorthanded and the manager had no one to pack the product out. It was sitting on pallets in view and the mgr decides to tell customers it was a bad batch or recalled. He was looking to buy sometime or wait till he had more help, or a crew that wasn't so lazy. I've worked with managers over the years that were just stupid enough to make up a story like that.............Good food for thought for BITOG'ers with a creative mind.
crackmeup2.gif
Maybe the manager wasn't there and an unhappy worker decided "*** I ain't packing that [censored] out myself."

I think it's time to consult with Henny Penny, Cocky Lockey, Goosey Loosey, and Foxy Loxy.

crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

shelves are full of all the xom products at my walmart this afternoon. no shortage here. i also noticed they had shell rotella rts 5W-40 on "clearance" for $15 a gallon.

They really need to add another sub-category to this forum. Maybe something like "Rumor Room", where people can talk about stuff that never happens and things that don't exist....LOL

Originally Posted By: strombony
No doubt...I'm going to be checking this out at my Walmart over the weekend. Maybe EXOM is giong belly up!! those greedy B-stards!

If XM in fact did go out of busness it would make your driving experience much less enjoyable. Fuel cost would skyrocket over night. 10s of thousands more would be added to the unemployment lines, oil exploration in the US and around the world would greatly deminish, a massive tax base would be lost and who knows what else would happen. XM overall has been a great American suscess story, one of a few left in our country.

Originally Posted By: tenderloin
Wal-Mart Store #2000
5400 N. Croatan Hwy/Suite 100
Kitty Hawk, NC 27949
(252) 261-6011 5.72 miles

2.Wal-Mart Supercenter Store #1527
101 Tanglewood Pkwy
Elizabeth City, NC 27909
(252) 338-336

No, this one:

Wal-Mart Supercenter Store #1875
407 George Clauss Blvd
Severn, MD 21144
(410) 582-9990

I moved, just didn't update my profile

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Wow this thread grew in the past few hours. How about this theory: WM was shorthanded and the manager had no one to pack the product out. It was sitting on pallets in view and the mgr decides to tell customers it was a bad batch or recalled. He was looking to buy sometime or wait till he had more help, or a crew that wasn't so lazy. I've worked with managers over the years that were just stupid enough to make up a story like that.............Good food for thought for BITOG'ers with a creative mind.
crackmeup2.gif
Maybe the manager wasn't there and an unhappy worker decided "*** I ain't packing that [censored] out myself."

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking after the FIRST POST!
LOL.gif
The person in automotive didn't want to break open the pallet for a customer annoying enough (no offense) to actually ASK where a product is. So....RECALL!
LOL.gif

Hi,

First time post to the site, though I've been coming here to get info for years.

On Monday, Wednesday and Saturday I went to 2 different Walmarts and our local PEP Boys for 7qts of Mobil1 5w20 for my '06 F250XLT w/ 6.8L V10 and 5qts of Mobil1 5w30 for my '96 Buick Roadmaster S/W w/ the 5.7L LT1. Both of these stores have been out of my oil all week.

So, I did it, I picked up 12qts of Castrol Edge 5w30, a Motorcraft and a Purolator oil filter. Total cost $108, yup I can feel it in the pit of my stomach.

My F250 uses 2qts of Mobil1 5w20 over the course of a 5000 mile OCI, and about 1 and 1/2 qts of Motorcraft Semisyn 5w20 over the same OCI. The engine/truck only has 55,000 miles on it and has had this type of oil consumption since new. The Buick has 180,000 miles on it and doesn't use any oil that I can notice over a 5000 mile OCI. I bought that car 4yrs ago when it had 119,000 miles on it. I've been using Mobil1 in all of my vehicles since 1993.

I've never done a UOA on either vehicle, though I have 2 Blackstone bottles ready to fill this weekend and will send them off after each oil change. After that I plan to run Castrol Edge 5w30 in each engine for 5000 miles and have a UOA done on that oil as well.

I fully expect to get 8x better engine protection, 8x quicker acceleration, 8x better fuel economy, and get lucky with the ladies 8x more often. Hmmmm lets see 8 x 0 = 0, yup sounds about right.

I'll post my results when I get 'em, in about 6 months or so.

Enjoy,
RustyFuryIII

Is M1 still on allocation? Maybe some corporate bigwigs are coming through tomorrow and they were going to stock the shelves that night, to show off that they're full... or something.

Or it could have been inventory time and it's easier to count pallets and cases than individual bottles. Never discount the laziness factor.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Is M1 still on allocation? Maybe some corporate bigwigs are coming through tomorrow and they were going to stock the shelves that night, to show off that they're full... or something.

Or it could have been inventory time and it's easier to count pallets and cases than individual bottles. Never discount the laziness factor.

No it is not. This question was asked on their web site, Q&A. Mobil1.com

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Why does anyone still want M1 when Ashland and Castrol are claiming to be "x" times better?

LOL.gif

We're savy enough to see through the add campaign foolishness. Also a lifetime of excellent results.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I know you are... I'm just having some fun tig1.
grin2.gif
Live a little and have a laugh!

StevieC,

Sorry, I didn't pick up on the humor. At times ther are so many XM bashers, it's hard to see the forest because of the trees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back