Interesting OEM oil requirements - Mazda

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The X looks interesting to me, especially from an engineering standpoint, but I do worry about possible reliability issues. No one has ever made an engine like that before, so it's really uncharted territory."

Autogefühl has a video on the SkyActiv X.

https://youtu.be/Jgsug4KkAqM

In addition Mazda has been testing the X in Mazda3 vehicles for at least two years now in everyday driving and various conditions. These cars are in the US, Japan and Europe so they are making good effort to work out any bugs before going into mass production.

I went ahead and bought the GTR cx5, because the 2.5SA turbo has been out for 4 years now. No horror stories. Also, it has significantly more power than the predicted SA X will, also...no manual awd in the 3 coupe or sedan.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by PimTac
No manual in the CX5 either.

This is true, but it has a very competent auto, vs most others Ive driven, and it also packs legit ground clearance and space for my dog, so it works.

Originally Posted by Ws6
No manual in the CX5 either.

This is true, but it has a very competent auto, vs most others Ive driven, and it also packs legit ground clearance and space for my dog, so it works.

I know. I own one.

"The X looks interesting to me, especially from an engineering standpoint, but I do worry about possible reliability issues. No one has ever made an engine like that before, so it's really uncharted territory."

Autogefühl has a video on the SkyActiv X.

https://youtu.be/Jgsug4KkAqM

In addition Mazda has been testing the X in Mazda3 vehicles for at least two years now in everyday driving and various conditions. These cars are in the US, Japan and Europe so they are making good effort to work out any bugs before going into mass production.

I do trust Mazda for the most part, but it is worth noting that most manufacturers carry out testing like that, and yet problems still exist when cars make it to market.

I hope they can make the Sky-X work, it seems fascinating, but I'll stick with my G for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back