Instead of the turkey baster for p/s fluid....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just used my Amsoil Gear Lube pump. I put one of the skinny attachments on the pump portion and was able to reach down in the bottom of the tank and get nearly all of the oil p/s pumped out (around a quart was pumped out).

The pump was a lot faster than the turkey baster....

I'll drive around for a week and pull some more out and replenish what was removed w/new. I should have all new Amsoil ATF in there pretty soon.

Has anyone been able to tell a difference in steering w/a synthetic ATF compared to the factory fill?

Oh yea, especially when it was -20 F here last winter. Even our partial-synthetic AutoGlide was better than the OTC stuff.

Whoa, whoa whoa whoa... wait a minute here! Did you say "amsoil gear oil PUMP"? I would do anything (well almost) to get my hands on one.. where did you get yours and how much $$ did it cost? Is it easy to use? What kind of pump is it (hand piston,etc)? Let me know, I went out and pump a hand siphon (with the piston) and its time consuming.
Thanks.

Sorry for all the excitement guys, but I "already" have a pump like that - actually mines bigger
tongue.gif

I thought maybe you were talking about some kind of electrical or some other kind of pump. Personally I use the hand pump to drain and refill my trans and power steering but it really makes my arm tired pumping that stupid thing for so long.

At sears I noticed they have a liquid pump that attaches to a drill motor. Now "thats" what im talking 'bout!

I got a Pela oil extractor for changing the oil in my boat and man that thing works great on everything, PS, AT, Diff's, you want it sucked out this does it and fast. It has a nice small thin tube that you can get down into most sumps. Just do a search in Google for Pela Oil Extractor. I think I saw them on Boaterworld for $30 for the 2.5 litre tank. I got the 6qt tank. Everyone at work wants to barrow it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back