Inner tie rod torque for 2008 Kia Sedona?

Does anyone have the inner tie rod torque spec for a 2008 Sedona? The OEM tie rods are finally showing wear at just under 200,000 miles 😮 replacing with OEM. Also, are you supposed to add grease to the inner tie rod ball joint? I’ve done them before on another vehicle and it looked pretty dry out of the box, but I’m assuming there was some grease on the inside part of the joint.

When you tighten the inner tie rods, make sure you counter-hold the steering rack.

Does anyone have the inner tie rod torque spec for a 2008 Sedona? The OEM tie rods are finally showing wear at just under 200,000 miles 😮 replacing with OEM. Also, are you supposed to add grease to the inner tie rod ball joint? I’ve done them before on another vehicle and it looked pretty dry out of the box, but I’m assuming there was some grease on the inside part of the joint.
No inner tie rod I've ever installed (on a modern FWD vehicle) has ever required grease, or had any provisions for adding some. They're always super stiff out of the box, but I've always been able to spot the grease that's installed into the joint, or at least some residue.

Service manuals always say to counterhold the rack gear to prevent damaging the rack gear. I can honestly say that in 19 years I have never counterheld a rack gear replacing an inner tie rod end and have never had an issue but your mileage may vary

Service manuals always say to counterhold the rack gear to prevent damaging the rack gear. I can honestly say that in 19 years I have never counterheld a rack gear replacing an inner tie rod end and have never had an issue but your mileage may vary

What gets me is the service manual shows a wrench flat on the rack, but in actuality, there was no wrench flat. I had no choice but to tighten the inner tie rod without the luxury of being able to counter-hold the rack.

Back