Initial Auto-RX Dose and Oil Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm about to treat my '96 Mazda Miata with 145,000 miles to two treatments of Auto-RX. I am right at the point where I need to change the oil and I usually use Mobil 1 0W-40. I've already planned to use Chevron Supreme for the rinse phase, but should I go ahead and use it for the initial dose since I need to change the oil anyway?

I'd go with whatever will do the job cheapest for the 1500 miles that you need for the first cleaning. That doesn't mean run down to the dollar store and buy $0.75 (maybe you should) ..but any oil that will suit your needs for at least 1500 miles at low cost would be my choice.

After the insides are all tidied up ...then be a little more selective. I'm going to give the Delvac 1300 at try in my 3.0 Mitsu powered Caravan for a while to compare it to before cleaning characteristics. I wish I could locate a HDEO in the 10-30 on the shelf ...it just doesn't seem to be widely available....

I used Chevron Supreme for the first clean and rinse cycle and also for the next clean cycle. Then I used Delo 400 for the final rinse. This final rinse oil cleaned better than the rinse from the first cycle and was very dirty quickly. If I had to do it over again this is the oil I would use for both rinses. Cleans like Tide
grin.gif

Yes I would change to dino for the first clean. It works better with dino according to Frank the inventor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back