'Inevitable' Canada will face ISIS-style terror

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/09/18/ine...-csis-operative

Quote:
OTTAWA — A former CSIS operative says it’s “inevitable” Canada will face a terror plot similar to the one thwarted Thursday in Australia, where authorities say a group of extremists planned to publicly behead a random person in Sydney.

It took more than 800 police officers to stop what’s being called the largest terror plot in Australia’s history, which Prime Minister Tony Abbott said included calls for “demonstration killings.” Police arrested 15 suspects.

“It could be a beheading, a surprise attack on random people, it could be many things, but you will see something like that happening here,” former CSIS security intelligence operative Mubin Shaikh told QMI Agency.

He said he believes the RCMP and CSIS are “doing the best they can” and cited several thwarted homegrown terror plots, including that of Ottawa’s Hiva Alizadeh, 33, who was sentenced this week to 24 years in prison for trying to organize attacks on Canadian targets.

Despite those successes, Shaikh said a quote from the Irish Republican Army when it was targeting then-British prime minister Margaret Thatcher highlights the problem.

“They said, ‘You have to be lucky every time; we have to be lucky once,’” Shaikh said.

Australia, like Canada, has been struggling with nationals who’ve been “self-radicalized” at home and chosen to go abroad to join groups such as Islamic State (ISIS) to fight as Islamists. There is growing concern about them bringing their jihad home.

The RCMP said it’s devising a “countering violent extremism program which consists of working with local law enforcement as well as domestic and international partners to prevent individuals from engaging in terrorist and other criminal activity.”

Liberal foreign affairs critic Marc Garneau said he’s “very concerned” about possible terror attacks in Canada.

“That’s one of the reasons we support sending special forces (to Iraq),” he said.

Fear mongering or a legitimate threat? I'm seeing Canadians leaning both ways on this.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

Fear mongering or a legitimate threat? I'm seeing Canadians leaning both ways on this.

There's a pretty easy answer to this one, IMO: what's more likely to happen in Canada--getting killed by your spouse, a texting driver, a balloon, a lightening strike, or an act of terrorism?

It seems to me like resources should be applied proportionally.

Yes, giving up liberty and spending the public's money on vast security capabilities to prevent statistically insignificant risks does not make any sense.

But, the risk of a weapon of mass destruction. That's another calculation altogether.

I don't know why we just don't classify "Extremism" under a category of Naziism and just start dealing with things in a curt and serious manner.

We don't want to offend anyone, and that will be our undoing.

These hate and terror groups all follow one book right now, we should slam it shut and send them back home.

Once a hateful religion becomes a "race" the West is in big trouble. And we are almost there.

Just look for a line of toyota trucks with black flags and a 50 cal machine in the back. Thats what they use in Iraq....now that was easy.

Last edited:
I wonder who is calling the shots in ISIL? If they intend to bring the region back to the way it was 500 years ago, have at it. They have beheaded several hundred or a thousand men in Iraq and no one cared, but why would they behead Americans and British. Now they have America [censored] off at them. Were I a terrorist, I would not want American special forces or bombers or drones after me. Hard to sleep at night. America may be a pretty screwed up country but we do good wars.

My current draft status is 1H (holding), that was in 1971. Maybe I will get called up for this latest war?

This group is another boogeyman conjured up, supported, and
financed by the Mossad, and CIA.

ISIS Leader Elliot Shimon, aka Al-Baghdadi was born of two Jewish parents and is a Mossad agent.

Same can be said of HAMAS, and Al Qaida.

Follow the money, the Military Industrial Complex machien needs war to make money and they are hungry.

I just wonder how the general public can continue to be fed a raft of lies and theater, by the mass media, which is controlled by the Military Industrial Complex and believe it. The gullibility factor is huge and seemingly endless.

Oh boy! a Canadian stop on this rolling sh$%show of terror.

Rolling Stone says "Same [censored], New look!"
Time Magazine calls it "the easiest, smoothest re-launch of war in the past two decades"

Zero out of Five stars! Featuring Ben Laden's el Queda martyrs, come and see what the critics have been talking about (critically), ISIS: Under New Management playing now

^
crackmeup2.gif
yeeeep

Anyone else remember this?

Just like Obama needs to "convince" the American people of the
need to wage war on this "supposed" rebel group ISIS...
the same process happened way back in 1990. Anyone remember
Pearl Harbor?

Same channel, similar program, different time.
crackmeup2.gif

Last edited:
If anyone attempts to cut off my head I'll shoot them through theirs first.

That'll be at least one problem solved without any costly fuss.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Anyone else remember this?

Just like Obama needs to "convince" the American people of the
need to wage war on this "supposed" rebel group ISIS...
the same process happened way back in 1990. Anyone remember
Pearl Harbor?

Same channel, similar program, different time.
crackmeup2.gif

Oh wow, nice post. A sobering reminder of the types we're really dealing with and the lengths they'll go. The ilk of these people have a tendency to re-run the saaaame old once-successful methods of deception ad infinitum

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
I just wonder how the general public can continue to be fed a raft of lies and theater, by the mass media, which is controlled by the Military Industrial Complex and believe it. The gullibility factor is huge and seemingly endless.

I often wonder the same thing. Maybe it's subliminal messages on TV coupled with fluoridated water.

Well, no matter how you slice it, the way things are now we have a low-cost solution to the overall problem of Islam: they're killing each other. When they didn't have the old Soviets to kill in Afghanistan anymore they killed each other until we showed up and when we're out, they'll go back to killing each other once again. Iraq/Kuwait, Sunni/Shiites/Wahhabi in Saudi Arabia throughout Iraq and Syria, with Iran stirring things from afar, when they don't have US to kill, they'll always fall back on killing each other, and so they are. It's not a problem we need to fix. It isn't a problem we CAN fix in any case.

In the Muslim world, especially the radical Islamic world, strong man wins, from the old Shah, the Ayatollahs, Saddam, going back to the royal families of the House of Saudi, Kuwait and the Emirates, the gang that kills the best wins the most. The only thing we can do is see who comes out on top and do business with THAT, if we must. Frankly, since none of our oil is coming from the region anymore we should simply retreat. Since it's China's, Japan's and Korea's oil now, let THEM sort it out. They have all the contracts now, they have the populations to put PLENTY of boots on the ground and it OUGHT to be their problem. My humble opinion, you mileage may vary..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back