Increase cost on synthetic oil!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: lawnguy
On the walmart website I saw a 1qt bottle of royal purple straight 30w for $18.95 WOW! Jegs sells it for less than $9 +free shipping!

I think it's unlikely that this is an actual Walmart price. Walmart.com does have other companies/vendors sell on their website and I notice that their products are a lot more expensive than Walmart's. You can use the left-side column to select the option to see only Walmart products.

That being said, people are complaining/observing that motor oil prices are rising. I find that interesting since crude oil prices are tumbling at their fastest rate in years. Wonder why the negative correlation? You would think lower crude prices would result in lower motor oil prices.

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
Garak, just got back from Walmart...5L jugs are $24.95 now. However 4.73L of PYB jugs are still 13.88 ever though they were under a $24.95 sign. Always buy the 4.723 Liter size.

I also bought some Platinum GTL 2W20 for $22.95. Not sure if that stuff is any good???

The 4.73 L stragglers will always be on special, so it's good to check them out, regardless of marking. I used to just grab one and use the price checker to see. The past number of months, Walmart stock has just been so hit and miss, I don't even bother.

As for PP 2w-20, I'm not sure. Send it in for a VOA.
wink.gif
As for their 5w-20 at $22.95, nothing wrong with that!

Clevy: That $22 business was the last time I walked into Walmart and checked. As you're well aware, I, too have had enough with chasing sales. It's one thing if they offer a sale and have stock. I'm not driving to three Walmarts or three CTs for oil, either. Or, they could just offer a sensible price on them all the time and forget the stupid sales. Who buys a jug of PYB at $28? Instead of waiting for $13.88 or under, they should just make it $15 or $16 and leave it. Of course, that would make too much sense.

Mobil is $25 standard here in Ohio. Sometimes there are sales to bring it down, but $25 seems to be a standard price for majority of synthetics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back