Impressions on Camaro VS Mustang V8

A couple years ago, I rented an '18 GT Premium PP1 auto with Recaros from Hertz for a 3500 mile road trip. I ended up buying an exactly optioned one eight months later. I worried for nothing about the comfort of the Recaros, even during a long day of driving. The Brembo brakes are amazing. Advertised 460hp, with 420lb torque on 93, that's a very good reason they put Michelin 4S tires on these. The Sport+ "smile switch" is fun around town with the harder up and downshifts.
These particular Hertz Mustangs were special ordered...I have the window sticker. Considering when I was looking at these, they must have ordered very few of them. Even with a few issues, Hertz related - not Ford - I think I got lucky with the one I got. I think Hertz ordered less for '19, and I haven't seen any '20s.

Originally Posted by Toy4x4
A couple years ago, I rented an '18 GT Premium PP1 auto with Recaros from Hertz for a 3500 mile road trip. I ended up buying an exactly optioned one eight months later. I worried for nothing about the comfort of the Recaros, even during a long day of driving. The Brembo brakes are amazing. Advertised 460hp, with 420lb torque on 93, that's a very good reason they put Michelin 4S tires on these. The Sport+ "smile switch" is fun around town with the harder up and downshifts.
These particular Hertz Mustangs were special ordered...I have the window sticker. Considering when I was looking at these, they must have ordered very few of them. Even with a few issues, Hertz related - not Ford - I think I got lucky with the one I got. I think Hertz ordered less for '19, and I haven't seen any '20s.

A local dealer has a used Bullitt not too far from me; every option but Recaros. I have to say that I'm tempted.

I sat in a Camaro RS the other day and I found it to be very comfortable. I love the way the car wraps around you.

Another thing I liked about the Camaro was how sturdy it felt when you closed the doors and hood. Feels like it's built like a tank.

Originally Posted by 4WD
Get the 6.2L and be somebody ...Ž

Absolutely! V8 only!
19.gif

lets see that 72 cutlass!! bought one setting in a barn, covered + with 22 thou on it 15 years ago it was a beauty!! just a standard 2 dr hardtop with a slush box + real olds engine. a joe mondello cam + carb perked it up as did a shift kit + BEAUTIFUL budnick famosas polished like CHROME made it pop IMO. a great daily driver until gas got nuts + i was driving 150 to 200 miles daily!! too bad it wasnt a W-30 or a hurst olds in that condition$$$$. love the looks of many classics BUT for the money modern performances rocks!!! + i hate all the nannies + gizmos on todays bloated vehicles that are not related to their stellar performance

noticed comment about dual injection, so your saying the 19's 5.0 use both port + direct!! a plus for sure. i like older camaros but i think the newest mustang offerings look better + a friend just a bit taller than my 5-8 commented on poor vision while test driving the camaro so he bought a GT manual i drove, nice car BUT traded for an slightly older Shelby also a manual + i love that one even more BUT out of my $$$$$ range. having my first drop top a 2001 audi TT 225Q with xtras + being very satisfied if buying another fun car it WOULD be a drop top for sure

I test drove a Camaro LT1 in February. Other than visibility being poor, the car was fun to drive.

The biggest issue with the Muffstain is that it's a Muffstain. Get the Camaro and don't look back, literally, don't look back once you have blown his doors off. I was heavily into the street racing scene some years back and local Muffstains never came around after being continuously whipped by Chevelles, Nova's , Road Runners, Cuda's, AMX....etc. Every once in a while a bad boy from out of town, Sacto, Bay area.....would come around. Just once though. Shooting fish in a barrel. Camaro, Corvette,Hellcat, Viper are the choices here. Leave the Muff's to the florists and hand models.

Is any of that applicable to THIS century?

I would buy a Mustang tomorrow but the MT82 is junk. Class action lawsuit against it. Its horrible. I hope for dumps that Chinese POS and puts a Tremec in it like the Mach 1.

I drove a Camero just before covid, and it was awesome. That 6.2 pulls hard. Its ugly and has horrible visability.

Back