I'm Undecided

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by vettenuts:
Coming into this thread late, but a couple of thoughts. On the Corvette, there was a piston change in late 01 and a ring change in 02. Are you sure it is piston slap? Have you found any needle bearings in the oil pan? Might be worth putting a magnet on a stick in the drain with the next change. There is still a tech bulletin on the rocker arm needle bearings, even for 02.

I'm almost sure it is NOT piston slap. Like I have said before, it sounds like valvetrain.

Dragboat: I would really appreciate you e-mailing me some instructions on adjusting the rocker arms. I have done this before (on my old '88 T/A GTA), but it would be good to get others opinions (and also refresh my memory)

[email protected]

yet another update...........
Mileage does not seem to be affected by the mix. I just filled up; and was able to run 273 miles on 14.66 gallons or 18.62 MPG.
Not bad....same as before.
Rick

quote:

Originally posted by dragboat:
Have you done the math of the mix? Vi at 40c and at 100C ?

Thats what I like about the SS 10/30 and 15/50 ,,the capability to adjust the VI
smile.gif

Hey dragboat.......I did the "math"; I averaged the numbers and this is what I came up with:

@40*C= 93cST
@100*C= 13.6cST

Is "my math" correct? This is a 1:1 ratio. You are right, you can definitely play with the viscosity as you wish to tailor it to your specific engine.

BTW: I went to the dealer today about the noise. As expected, "It's normal". I talked to the lady (service advisor) and she was telling me it was piston slap, and that you can hear it much more on these cars because of the aluminum block doesn't dampen the noise like iron blocks. Also that the M6s make a bit more noise than the auto because of the throwout bearing and other parts. She said the techs didn't find anything unusual with my car. She seemed to know about cars a bit. I got me a receipt stating everything is normal, in case something happens in the future.
Alright, let's put this thread behind us now.
Thanks for all the help, Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back