I'm shook (Fram sells oil now?)

PXL_20210206_193740125.jpg

PXL_20210206_193753504.jpg

Here’s an existing thread on it, there may be another one.

AAP seems to be using it as their house brand oil now. It's made by Amalie, like the previous CQ house brand was.

The new Fram oil seems to be unrelated to the old Fram oil sold a few years go that was made by Conoco (like Motorcraft/Kendall)

Exactly right ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The oil containers are the exact same as the former CQ oil containers...

I saw that exact oil rack display today at my local AAP. What a kaleidoscope of colors. The Fram branded bottles were on the bottom tier. Prices were no great shakes. I nabbed 6qts. of RGT 0w-20 for $12 & tax.

I need to drive more or buy less oil.

It's most likely the exact same as the CQ brand oil that it replaced (also made by Amalie IIRC). The marketing guys probably figured the 'Fram' name would help it sell better.

I guess they’re trying to compete with AZ and their STP house brand. It’ll probably work for the people who just want something that doesn’t sound generic. I picked up some of the old CQ FS HM on clearance for $10 a jug. It’s the same Amalie stamp on both. I guess now it’s FRAMalie! 😄

I guess they’re trying to compete with AZ and their STP house brand. It’ll probably work for the people who just want something that doesn’t sound generic. I picked up some of the old CQ FS HM on clearance for $10 a jug. It’s the same Amalie stamp on both. I guess now it’s FRAMalie! 😄
All in The Framalie

Every oil pulled it's weight,
Gee, our old LaSabre ran great ....

I went to another location, and the CQ jugs were gone. I think they let commercial customers have first dibs on it. That way they can get it all out at one time.

Cant wait to see the Fram oil change bundle. Would this be the first time you can buy oil and a filter that is the same brand? Besides jiffy lube using Pennzoil oil and filters.

Back