I'm shook (Fram sells oil now?)

I think that works in some places in the US, and maybe not so well in others....
That only “works” for freeze protection and nothing else. It does nothing for boiling point protection of course (admittedly rather minor), and you’re still going to corrode the heck out of your system. But maybe they don’t care.

Fram as a brand has value. This oil will do much better than "Carquest" or some other name. For the non-enthusiast, you put it in your motor and your motor doesn't blow up, therefore there are no issues.

It is just part of their move to get rid of house brands and replace with famous names like they did with DieHard batteries. Unlike the batteries where they were buying a reputation, Fram has no prior reputation as an oil maker. And now they are just a brand name owned by a windshield wiper company, so I don’t see how putting a Fram label on house brand AAP oil is a big win.

It is just part of their move to get rid of house brands and replace with famous names like they did with DieHard batteries. Unlike the batteries where they were buying a reputation, Fram has no prior reputation as an oil maker. And now they are just a brand name owned by a windshield wiper company, so I don’t see how putting a Fram label on house brand AAP oil is a big win.

It’s just name recognition. People recognize the Fram name. The Fram brand carries more weight than Carquest even though it’s the same oil in the jug.

That only “works” for freeze protection and nothing else. It does nothing for boiling point protection of course (admittedly rather minor), and you’re still going to corrode the heck out of your system. But maybe they don’t care.
Maybe these guys are old locomotive jockeys where they only use straight water and dump it when they shut down in cold weather?

They've been selling it for a while now. My bet is next year it will be blown out at deep discounts to make room for another oil.

True I forgot about Mobil1
delco oil.jpg
delco filter.jpg

At you Chevy parts counter:
Mobil and Champion Labs - except with different branding

Then you clearly don't understand marketing.

Back