I'm putting the Redline 0w30 in today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol.gif

I donated money because I feel guilty hogging my portion of the Bandwidth on Helen's server... With over 10,000 posts in a year I know I have.
grin2.gif

Also I like changing oil and experimenting. I love getting my hands dirty.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: elwaylite
Just put the Red Line 0w-20 in my Sonata 2.4L. It does make the darn thing more quiet.

What was in there before?

I'm really liking the 0w30... If it keeps up the way it does and the UOA proves good I think I have found the oil I'm sticking with.

Why change a good thing right?
wink.gif

Just put the Red Line 0w-20 in my Sonata 2.4L. It does make the darn thing more quiet.

Does it ever...
thumbsup2.gif

Ok, I need to cancel my bitog membership and get myself banned! I just switched to M1 0w40 in my subaru to try a 40 weight, and all this 'quiet' engine talk has me thinking of Redline's 0w40 :)

The M1 quieted the engine considerably over PP 5w30, however I expected that with going up a weight.

Hehe.

I'd have to find RL on sale though.... boy it's not cheap, especially here in Canada.

I also called a couple distributors last week and they would only sell the 0w weights by the case.

Originally Posted By: webfors
Ok, I need to cancel my bitog membership and get myself banned! I just switched to M1 0w40 in my subaru to try a 40 weight, and all this 'quiet' engine talk has me thinking of Redline's 0w40 :)

The M1 quieted the engine considerably over PP 5w30, however I expected that with going up a weight.
Try the 0w30 first... Then try the 40wt.

Originally Posted By: StevieC

Try the 0w30 first... Then try the 40wt.

I wish the 0w30 had a higher HTHS, like the 5w30. I guess there has to be a trade off to those insane cold weather numbers!

It would be pricey for me to ship it to you... Why don't you order a case and if you don't like it I will buy the 0w30 off you? PROMISE!

I wish the 0w30 had a higher HTHS, like the 5w30. I guess there has to be a trade off to those insane cold weather numbers!

Use the 5w30 then... The Cold Flow is still excellent, just not quite as good is all..

Well it has been a bit slower at work that usual so I haven't been racking up the miles. I have 2K KM (1.2K Miles) to go before I drain this first fill of Red Line.

I'm still uber impressed with how quiet the engine is. The oil has darkened a bit but is still a semi-transparent light brown colour on the dipstick.

I was thinking about getting one of my cheap oil sample tests done on this run just so I would have numbers to compare the the final run to see how they trend down.

Anyways... Just wanted to update y'all.
grin2.gif

Once thing I am noticing, is that the Red Line does not seem to stick to the dipstick like other oils. It's still very fresh, but it makes it a bit tough to check level. Very weird.

Yeah I noticed the same thing... We had a morning last week near 0C (32F) and I pulled the dipstick because I was going to go for a long drive. I pulled it and not only was it still like water but it started dripping off the dipstick every time I would angle it downwards to see it in the light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back