I'm back in 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by JTK
Did you even go through one tank of w/s washer fluid on the Frontier?
lol.gif

Good for you. Drive what you like! Someone is going to get a heck of a nice pre-owned top of line Frontier. You had that engine bay prettier than when it rolled off the factory floor IIRC.

LOL. I really did clean that engine up well hahah.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by JTK
Did you even go through one tank of w/s washer fluid on the Frontier?
lol.gif

LoL. I've owned my Charger for almost 2 years now and haven't used the windshield washer even once. I should try it to see if it works before the warranty is up.

Same goes for seat heaters, steering wheel heater, and a bunch of other stuff.

I have one complaint but it has nothing to do with the car. This dirtbag at the dealer that is responsible for prepping the car completely botched it up. I specifically told this moron not to touch the car, as I usually do. He understood and said he wouldn't. Well in the sun today the car has swirl marks on the side and hood. He also left the glue from the film they remove all over and spots on the inside driver's side door. I just called the dealer and they said they will take care of it. Infuriates me when someone can't do something so simple. I told him DON'T touch the car. No need to wash it. It was raining anyway.
mad.gif

For a small Crossover under $30k, the interior is really well done. Everything is laid out very well.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I like the blue in the interior. It does look really good for a sub $30K anything.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete

LoL. I've owned my Charger for almost 2 years now and haven't used the windshield washer even once. I should try it to see if it works before the warranty is up.

How do you do that? Must be garaged and/or in a parking deck when parked I guess? Even then, there are bugs and stuff. Gas stations around here usually don't have squeegees, and even if they do, they are nasty. I burn through washer fluid like crazy...blue stuff, green stuff, store brand, Rain-X...even the rear window washer on the Explorer gets a workout.

I like Mazda myself but this model is just overkill imo; and those plastic fenders above tires are just brutal, your color camouflages them greatly, just find a white model and one will see what I'm talking about

Buster, a couple of notes;

On the exterior cladding around the wheel wells, the transition from cladding to the panel gives a shadow effect. I hadn't seen that before.

In the interior, ðŸ‘ðŸ»ðŸ‘🻠. It looks like Mazda listened and reduced the amount of that glossy piano finish on the center console and the door trim where the window controls sit. Mine has that. It's a dust and scratch magnet. My center console is glossy except for the Commander knob area and cup holders. Yours just has it for the PRND display.

Now all she needs is a good coating of some ceramic wax.

Originally Posted by 01rangerxl
How do you do that? Must be garaged and/or in a parking deck when parked I guess? Even then, there are bugs and stuff.

It's garaged and so far has only been driven in nice weather.

Bugs aren't a huge issue here, and I don't take it on any long trips. After a fun drive, I'll clean the windshield with a towel, if needed.

But even in my daily driver, I rarely go through a full tank of washer fluid in a year.

Originally Posted by PimTac

On the exterior cladding around the wheel wells, the transition from cladding to the panel gives a shadow effect. I hadn't seen that before.

In the interior, ðŸ‘ðŸ»ðŸ‘🻠. It looks like Mazda listened and reduced the amount of that glossy piano finish on the center console and the door trim where the window controls sit. Mine has that. It's a dust and scratch magnet. My center console is glossy except for the Commander knob area and cup holders. Yours just has it for the PRND display.

I know what you're talking about my 15 3 had that glossy finish in the center. This is more dull now. I really like it.

*I'm taking it to my friend to have him remove the swirl marks the dealer put on it. I was going to seal it tomorrow, but it will have to wait.

Originally Posted by buster

I know what you're talking about my 15 3 had that glossy finish in the center. This is more dull now. I really like it.

*I'm taking it to my friend to have him remove the swirl marks the dealer put on it. I was going to seal it tomorrow, but it will have to wait.

I hear ya. Mine came pre swirled as well. They must have ran it through the swirl-o-matic auto car wash nearby.

I picked up a bottle of the Griots Ceramic 3in1 spray earlier this week. Now I just need better weather. Rain and temps into the 20's. I have the Sonic Silver.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by buster

I hear ya. Mine came pre swirled as well. They must have ran it through the swirl-o-matic auto car wash nearby.

I picked up a bottle of the Griots Ceramic 3in1 spray earlier this week. Now I just need better weather. Rain and temps into the 20's. I have the Sonic Silver.

cheers3.gif

Yeah it was a good video. I like the Dave Coleman videos. It's nice to get that kind of information. I also like that Mazda is a small company. Sort of an underdog compared to Honda/Toyota.

I did read that Mazda has solved the CD issue via software updates.

Originally Posted by KrisZ
Come on buster! You have to keep a vehicle long enough in order to know if your break-in procedure had any benefits
lol.gif

Congrats on your new ride
thumbsup2.gif
Drive what you like, ditch what you no longer enjoy.

lol.gif

Thanks!

I put 200 miles on it so far.

My break-in method this time was - took car on highway and put it into manual mode. From there I did a few 80% throttle runs up to 4k and allowed for engine breaking. I floored it once when it had around 80 miles. Today I floored it once and have just been driving it normally with occasional bursts to 4k rpms.

Mazda doesn't have a very specific break-in procedure. It's the usual stuff up to 600 miles. I have no idea if what I did will help at all. *I truly believe with today's cars it is the type of piston rings they use. All my Mazdas never used oil. My Toyota did and so did the Honda 2.4L.

I averaged 29 mpg today. That's a nice change.

I have read on a Mazda forum that new owners saw fuel economy stabilize out at around 4000 miles.

Does yours have the instant mpg readout on the info screen in the dash? You might have to click through screens to see it. It reminds me of the old vacuum gauges. You will see the engine go into Miller mode. The gauge will show 30mpg for example while cruising and then jump 5mpg or so. I can get 40mpg doing around 55-60mph.

The throttle pedal is very sensitive. Try taking the foot pressure off ever so slightly and watch that readout jump while maintaining the same speed.

I like the overall shape of the car, and the interior is really awesome. Love the simply/high quality look. But the massive plastic cladding just kills the whole thing for me. It's too thick for the side profile.

Originally Posted by JoelB
I like the overall shape of the car, and the interior is really awesome. Love the simply/high quality look. But the massive plastic cladding just kills the whole thing for me. It's too thick for the side profile.

In person I honestly didn't find it very obtrusive. My main vindication in going CX5 was the engine, as well as the space. The CX30 is a very tiny vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back