Im a huge Rolling Stones fan since I was a kid in the 60's....I always liked the Stones better than the Beatles but....

After listening to some of the tour dates this year....compared to the say Vodoo Lounge tour was the last time I saw them in 94 live....they sounded bad off key and out of tune on lots of songs on youtube....at close to 80 I would say its time to hang it up guys. Mick still can move around better than most men half his age...but his voice is going/gone/ Keith missed notes and played sloppy and Ronnie was the only on that seemed to still have it. I think they should have hung it up when Charlie died. They all are worth over 350 to 500 million ......cant be for money . As my friend pointed out this was most likely the last time the last three will play together and hated to miss it but hey im getting old and have health problems myself now.

After listening to some of the tour dates this year....compared to the say Vodoo Lounge tour was the last time I saw them in 94 live....they sounded bad off key and out of tune on lots of songs on youtube....at close to 80 I would say its time to hang it up guys. Mick still can move around better than most men half his age...but his voice is going/gone/ Keith missed notes and played sloppy and Ronnie was the only on that seemed to still have it. I think they should have hung it up when Charlie died. They all are worth over 350 to 500 million ......cant be for money . As my friend pointed out this was most likely the last time the last three will play together and hated to miss it but hey im getting old and have health problems myself now.
This is why they serve so much beer and alcohol at venues.

They tour so we can feel young again. Probably the same for them. I still listen to Beggar's Banquet quite a bit.

Let's drink to the hard working people
Let's drink to the lowly of birth
Raise your glass to the good and the evil
Let's drink to the salt of the earth

My favorite Rolling Stones albums are the first one (England’s Newest Hitmakers) to Their Satanic Majesty’s Request. I have an Asian pressing of Let It Bleed somewhere too. They also have to be original mono pressing too.

I always thought of The Beaties as pop and The Rolling Stones as more “punkish”.

The last Stones tour in Northern California was incredible. Bringing Mick Taylor in for Midnight Rambler, wow!
My only complaint is the ticket prices.

The boys are approaching 80... It can't go on forever.
Somehow Sue got tickets to see John Mayall tonight...

Last edited:
I seriously wonder why (very) old famous rockers go on tour. They know they don’t sound good anymore. It can’t be because they need money. Touring is hard on the body, both physically and mentally. I guess it’s the only thing that they (some how) like to do.

My favorite Rolling Stones albums are the first one (England’s Newest Hitmakers) to Their Satanic Majesty’s Request. I have an Asian pressing of Let It Bleed somewhere too. They also have to be original mono pressing too.

I always thought of The Beaties as pop and The Rolling Stones as more “punkish”.
TSMR copied SPLHCB to much.....even the cover.
My Fav are Sticky Fingers, let it bleed , beggars banquet, some girls and exile on mainstreet

I seriously wonder why (very) old famous rockers go on tour. They know they don’t sound good anymore. It can’t be because they need money. Touring is hard on the body, both physically and mentally. I guess it’s the only thing that they (some how) like to do.
Because it is probably addictive; the adrenaline rush, the adoration, etc. What else would give you that kick? Within the bounds of the law;)

I was in the 'hang it up' camp until I logged a few more birthdays and now can see why some folks just go on as long as they can; because they like it and as long as fans show up, why not.

I was talking to a friend about seeing Elton John and Billy Joel perform and I said that 'they aren't what they once were', my friend said 'Are you?'. Harsh, but a fair point and a really good concert.

TSMR copied SPLHCB to much.....even the cover.
My Fav are Sticky Fingers, let it bleed , beggars banquet, some girls and exile on mainstreet
I’ve never thought about that till now but you’re right!! Their Satanic majesties request is The Rolling Stones “Sergeant Pepper”👍

1639695864996.jpg

I saw BB King close to when he died in a small venue front row right off center . Yep BB was old , ancient. It was great to see him perform live. I Saw Merle Haggard with his family perform in the same theater before he died as well it too was a great to see him perform. live .It is nice to see your favorite performer

Back