Im a huge Rolling Stones fan since I was a kid in the 60's....I always liked the Stones better than the Beatles but....

The last Stones tour in Northern California was incredible. Bringing Mick Taylor in for Midnight Rambler, wow!
My only complaint is the ticket prices.

The boys are approaching 80... It can't go on forever.
Somehow Sue got tickets to see John Mayall tonight...
The prices kept me from going ......in the 70's it was 5-8 bucks and i thought that was high

I wonder how Motley Crue will hold up with VN who has not sung a complete song in 25 years now. Nikki is about 1 year younger than me and looks good his age.....for somebody who died twice. Mick is on hellava guitar player but he has so many health issues......Tommy can drum with the best of them....If they can keep VN out of KFC ...who knows they might pull it off

I seriously wonder why (very) old famous rockers go on tour. They know they don’t sound good anymore. It can’t be because they need money. Touring is hard on the body, both physically and mentally. I guess it’s the only thing that they (some how) like to do.
Possibly because it's just who (the type of person) they are.. I know some who are do-ers. The kind of people that others come to and have been all their lives. It's what they know and do. Who are they or would they be without that? Someone without identity.

The Stones should have retired after Exile On Main Street. The first time I heard Brown Sugar I knew they had turned into a sloppy band that was just in it for the money, which fans continued to supply apparently not caring how bad the band had become. I can count on one had the good songs they have released in the last 50 years.
But from 1963 to 1972 they sure were great.

I think a lot of the same comments could be made about the current Genesis tour. I'm not a big fan but it is painful to see Phil Collins propped up on stage, very obviously reading his lyrics from a tablet, and Tony Banks looking like he'd rather be almost anywhere else on Earth than on that stage. Or maybe that's just how it looks on video..... In person it might look a whole lot better hopefully.

Last edited:
They don't sound as good as they did when they were younger is understandable but what I don't think most people realize is most of the venues these bands play were not built for there acoustics. Every concert I ever attended that I can remember sounded like :poop:

I think a lot of the same comments could be made about the current Genesis tour. I'm not a big fan but it is painful to see Phil Collins propped up on stage, very obviously reading his lyrics from a tablet, and Tony Banks looking like he'd rather be almost anywhere else on Earth than on that stage. Or maybe that's just how it looks on video..... In person it might look a whole lot better hopefully.
Oh God I feel sorry for them.....Collins voice is gone for the most part also.....

Saw them live twice on their Voodoo Lounge and Bridges to Babylon tours.
Can't imagine to visit a concert right now due to covid though I'm going to
see Clapton next year. Hope it happens to happen....

Voodoo was a great concert....at least the one I saw in Miami....I think it was like Nov 94? The Spin Docs were opening act

The joke's on me because I thought they were too old during their Steel Wheels tour back in 89. LOL. Not even close.

Back