Ignition Coil Frustration

That's the problem PandaBear.. TEC is not available in the aftermarket. And Zmelli wanted something close to OEM not take a chance on the aftermarket. But I agree, I think NGK or Hitachi would've been more than acceptable and work for a very long time. Hitachi is the supplier for my ignition coil (96 Civic) and I used them instead of buying from Honda. Been working fine for years now.. tested it out, specs are perfect.

but Zmelli is right, if it worked (Honda genuine) for 26 years then why question the part again!??

Here is a made in Japan TEC Coil for my 1993 Accord. This one is stamped Japan on the side. This part is a re-boxed Bosch P/N 00263

Attachments

• IMG_20220222_102150486_PORTRAIT.jpg
    IMG_20220222_102150486_PORTRAIT.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 13
So Tec isn't available in the aftermarket, as I said.. And here I'm proven incorrect! That's ok, learn something every day.. but a reboxed version.. Personally I'm not sold on the "re-boxed" Honda parts, they all seem to be the parts that Honda rejected but the supplier sold them to the aftermarket. And every one one of those re-boxed parts has failed me. I have no problem with a true aftermarket part (not-reboxed) and those have been fine. Just saying what I've experienced.

Did you know you'll never find Toyota genuine parts "re-boxed" in the aftermarket? Yup.. Toyota takes the entire molds, etc from the supplier when they're done with the run, any parts that don't meet Toyota's specifications are destroyed. My source? the CEO of Denso! There was an interview about this and he freely told what goes on in the production run.. very interesting..

From what I understand, the China made Denso or NGK or any good brand name, the parts are tested or spec'ed by the respective company.
China can make parts with varying quality but the key is who does the Quality Control or how tight is the specification provided to the factory.

Back