If your name isn’t Tesla, your EVs are languishing on lots everywhere

Just get a Dodge Viper ACR with a twin turbo 2200 hp kit. Track monster that will spit flames and sound amazing.

Well I need to keep my drivers license, and also my tired old body wants a reasonably good ride after abusing it these past 52 years.
Some mornings it is a challenge just getting out of bed, and putting clothes on lol

Vipers kick ass but as far as car sounds go I'd have to say that's the bottom of the list. I can't think of a more agricultural sound from a performance car, even a highly modified one. Wouldn't stop me from buying on though. The early ones especially still hit me in the way the Lamborghini Diablo and the Ferrari 550 do. I had all the model cars and posters as a kid. Are car posters still a thing?

Dont be fooled - you can choke any engine. You've probably never heard an uncorked viper engine. Most haven't.

Put a real exhaust on a viper engine (like in my avatar) and it's one of the most wicked things you've ever heard - a cross between a 500 CI BBC and a Ferrari.

This engine makes a naturally aspirated 700HP on pump gas and idles at 750 RPM. It's alsolutely wicked.

They really bungled the car side of the business. All the money and attention was on the F150 and the Edge. That's all I really see wearing a Ford badge here that's new. There's an occasional new Escape, Mach-E, and the Police department uses Explorers. I see Fusions and a few of the more special Mustangs, but I don't think any of the Mustangs I've seen have been a new one other than the Mach-Es.

Ford was my go to pickup and sometimes car brand for a long time, but they lost my business.
As my personal pickup truck is now a ram, and as my company pickups age out, they will also be replaced by rams, half of them already have.

Dont be fooled - you can choke any engine. You've probably never heard an uncorked viper engine. Most haven't.

Put a real exhaust on a viper engine (like in my avatar) and it's one of the most wicked things you've ever heard - a cross between a 500 CI BBC and a Ferrari.

This engine makes a naturally aspirated 700HP on pump gas and idles at 750 RPM. It's alsolutely wicked.
It's the exhaust manifold runner setup. It's a bad ass car that just doesn't make the greatest noise. There's just not a single V10 performance car sound I can think of that I would choose to put below it, though the Viper would likely near the top of the list of the cars I would buy with V10s. I'm still a sucker for the first gen RT/10. Sure the later ones are better performers, but that's not what my goal would be with this car.

I'll add my go to favorite sounding engine stock is and likely always will be the Aston Martin V12. I know it's just a couple of Ford V6s, but I can't think of a single part of the rev range it doesn't sound beautiful at. I got passed by a Vanquish on the highway yesterday as I was taking the offramp and got to hear it in all it's glory. I hadn't seen an Aston in person in probably 5 years.

It's the exhaust manifold runner setup. It's a bad ass car that just doesn't make the greatest noise. There's just not a single V10 performance car sound I can think of that I would choose to put below it, though the Viper would likely near the top of the list of the cars I would buy with V10s. I'm still a sucker for the first gen RT/10. Sure the later ones are better performers, but that's not what my goal would be with this car.

I'll add my go to favorite sounding engine stock is and likely always will be the Aston Martin V12. I know it's just a couple of Ford V6s, but I can't think of a single part of the rev range it doesn't sound beautiful at. I got passed by a Vanquish on the highway yesterday as I was taking the offramp and got to hear it in all it's glory. I hadn't seen an Aston in person in probably 5 years.
One of my absolute favorite engines other than a well tuned LT or LS is the 7.3 amg used in the Pagani Zonda. With the titanium Exhaust and less restrictive mufflers it absolutely screams. Tiff Nedel got to take the Zonda R out for a spin a few years ago and you could see him smiling through his helmet.

I live in a touristy (and power generating obviously area).

Don't see many Teslas on weekdays, but see plenty on weekend drives...has me wondering how long weekend drives will be allowed in some jusisdictions.
This made me LOL at one of the high end tourist spots...
20230715_143843.jpg
20230715_143856.jpg

Attachments

• 20230715_143856.jpg
    20230715_143856.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 4

Don't see many Teslas on weekdays, but see plenty on weekend drives...has me wondering how long weekend drives will be allowed in some jusisdictions.
View attachment 167434View attachment 167436

Do not park there.
Just pretend to charge your car as you drive by lol 😁

Last edited:

View attachment 167434View attachment 167436
Didn't parts of Europe ban certain types of cars in major cities? I mean like you describe possible limitations on driving. It might have been specifically parts of the UK, but I recall it had something to do with new supercars having hybrid systems that will operate in EV only to keep sound levels down in city areas. I liked that idea for leaving home without waking the neighbors, but I didn't have that in Vegas. Everyone got to hear the only mildly restricted LS1 GTO fire up at 5:30am every morning and the deepest cul de sac of the community. I guess that means that Monaros did get the opportunity to wake people sleeping in America too. 😂

My current neighbors across the street are loud AF with their trucks. I need my GTI to be louder to compete.

Last edited:
Will add that the i4 M50 is probably about the only EV I could see myself buying at this point (though I haven't driven the 5-series version). My time behind the wheel had me loving it compared to all the others I've driven (and owned).

Have you driven a Taycan?
If so I would like to hear your thoughts.

Have you driven a Taycan?
If so I would like to hear your thoughts.
I have not! I did look at one, but the cost of entry was too rich for my blood. I spent too much on my e-tron (more than the i4 M50) and I wouldn't make that mistake again. A used 2020 4S on Auto Trader is $124K, so $40K more than the 2022 BMW and the BMW has 120HP more. Of course the bimmer isn't a Porsche, but $40K is 40K.

Didn't parts of Europe ban certain types of cars in major cities? I mean like you describe possible limitations on driving. It might have been specifically parts of the UK, but I recall it had something to do with new supercars having hybrid systems that will operate in EV only to keep sound levels down in city areas. I liked that idea for leaving home without waking the neighbors, but I didn't have that in Vegas. Everyone got to hear the only mildly restricted LS1 GTO fire up at 5:30am every morning and the deepest cul de sac of the community. I guess that means that Monaros did get the opportunity to wake people sleeping in America too. 😂

My current neighbors across the street are loud AF with their trucks. I need my GTI to be louder to compete.
Music to the ears like this?

Ford was my go to pickup and sometimes car brand for a long time, but they lost my business.
As my personal pickup truck is now a ram, and as my company pickups age out, they will also be replaced by rams, half of them already have.
I was heading that direction too before I left that company.

When you run a fleet of over 100 trucks, you get real data. Other than the exhaust manifold issues, our RAM trucks were the least expensive to operate, though the V8 F150’s were not far off. ECO Boost trucks were a nightmare in cost to maintain, and the fuel savings was negligible at best.

I even convinced a Chevy guy that RAM was better based on my data that showed Chevy trucks are not up to farm work and require thousands in maintenance compared to Ford and RAM. He bought a RAM and has been happy with it.

But, RAM’s rust more quickly than any truck out there. That’s my only complaint.

I was heading that direction too before I left that company.

When you run a fleet of over 100 trucks, you get real data. Other than the exhaust manifold issues, our RAM trucks were the least expensive to operate, though the V8 F150’s were not far off. ECO Boost trucks were a nightmare in cost to maintain, and the fuel savings was negligible at best.

I even convinced a Chevy guy that RAM was better based on my data that showed Chevy trucks are not up to farm work and require thousands in maintenance compared to Ford and RAM. He bought a RAM and has been happy with it.

But, RAM’s rust more quickly than any truck out there. That’s my only complaint.

My rams have been SUBSTANTIALLY BETTER than the fords.

Back