If you live in Michigan please read

Status
Not open for further replies.
My good friend who is a state trooper just sent this to me and i want everyone who lives in Michigan or is passing through to read this.

Spring is Coming!

Operation Yellow Jacket

Look out for MI-DOT trucks parked along the road or suddenly appearing behind you pacing you - it could be a Trooper driving the truck. Called 'Operation Yellow Jacket', each Michigan State Police District has a truck cleaned up and ready to go! These trucks have specially modified engines that can virtually catapult the truck from snow-plow speed to intercept speed in seconds. And when the engine boost kicks in, the warning lights automatically change from flashing yellow to the dreaded red and blue!

Starting March 1, 2009, Michigan will launch a 31 day speeding ticket frenzy. The state estimates that $9 million dollars will be generated in speeding tickets, with an additional $3.5 million in revenue for failure to wear a seatbelt. $1 million will go to pay state troopers overtime. There will be 47 state troopers on duty at all times patrolling the main intersections and highways with the highest rates of speeding.

They are the following:

I-75, especially from the Ohio line north to Woodhaven, and again from Auburn Hills to Flint
I-96 east and west in its entirety
I-275 north and south
I-675 north and south
I-94 east and west from Battle Creek to Jackson
I-696 east and west in its entirety
I-196 east and west
US-131 north and south
I-69 east and west from Lansing to Flint and again from Flint eastward to Port Huron.
I-69 north and south from I-94 to Lansing

M-14 east and west from I-94 to I-275
M-39 from I-94 to I-96

M-59, especially from Pontiac to Utica, and from Utica east
US-10 from Midland to Bay City

US-23 from I-96 to Flint
US-27 from Lansing to Mt. Pleasant

Quotas:

5 mph above the limit can justify a ticket and every state trooper is supposed to pull a car over and write a ticket every 10 to 20 minutes. They have issued 30 brand new unmarked Dodge Charger Police cruisers and canceled all vacation time. In addition, they are bringing in all of their part timers on full time for the month. This nonsense will conclude on April 1.

Driving Ticket fine increase in MI:
Starting on January 15th, the price of a ticket for violation of MI Law 39:3-29 (failure to show your driver's license, registration, or proof of insurance card at the time you are stopped) went from $44.00 to $173.00. Please make sure your vehicles have the proper documents in them. If you jump in the car to run to the store and forget your wallet with your license in it and you are stopped..... Oh well... you just spent $173. And the fine for not having all three documents is $519!!!

With less people paying taxes, how else can the state quickly raise money ?

Down here the Florida Highway Patrol is really cracking down on speeders. In about a five mile stretch of highway, I saw 13 cars pulled over getting tickets. If you do like to speed, make sure you are NOT the first or last car in the pack of speeders.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette

Down here the Florida Highway Patrol is really cracking down on speeders. In about a five mile stretch of highway, I saw 13 cars pulled over getting tickets. If you do like to speed, make sure you are NOT the first or last car in the pack of speeders.

Getting a ticket for going 5 mph above the limit.
shocked2.gif

Yes.

And you better believe that your state and local county law inforcement agencies will give as many tickets to raise cash. Traffic Tickets = CA$H COW

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: xlt4me
Originally Posted By: J_Myler
My good friend who is a state trooper just sent this to me and i want everyone who lives in Michigan or is passing through to read this.

Your good friend should get the internet...

http://urbanlegends.about.com/b/2009/03/...at-any-rate.htm

He was my drivers ed teacher and we became friends after the class ended. That could be were he got it from.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette

Man, I guess I got lucky, I was cookin' up I-95 doing about that speed after leaving Daytona Beach.

Quote:
These trucks have specially modified engines that can virtually catapult the truck from snow-plow speed to intercept speed in seconds.

Wow. Where did the money for this come from?

Originally Posted By: bigdreama
Quote:
These trucks have specially modified engines that can virtually catapult the truck from snow-plow speed to intercept speed in seconds.

Wow. Where did the money for this come from?

That's what I thought too. Maybe its a lone?

I wish it were true..I hate to offend anyone but...Michigan drivers suck. The last time I was up there, I had one guy passing me in the hammerdown lane and another guy came upon him and decided he was going to slow so he passed me on the right.

This was on I-69 going East @ 15 miles from Flint. And yes...I was doing the speed limit. ( Arkansas plates)..And this was when gas was 3.00/ gal.

Then, when I got on I-75 North, I thought I was in the Daytona 500...I was sure happy to leave that state and don't care if I ever go back. I'm done..

I call I94 the Michigan Speedway. Its pedal to the metal (especially EB after evening rush hour).

As for passing on the right, its not illegal, and if you are not moving over to the curb lane, I'll pass you on the right as well, since, as you noticed, the hammer lane is usually bumper to bumper. If you do leave a safe following distance, somebody jumps into it, so the tendency is to stay bumper to bumper. Its an interesting place to drive through.
Did you experience the coming to a dead stop from 80+ mph for no reason what so ever? I really love that Detroit area trait.

Alex.

Something tells me this isn't true. These warnings float around online all of the time.

I just got done changing my depends after reading op's post. dude u owe me a depends ;-)
I-96 always has cops exit 89, lansing, the outlet mall and inbetween the trees in howell.
I was late for my flight and drove 95 miles in 1 hr this sunday. I am not proud of it but I did not want to miss my flight.
lot of people just sit on the left lane. so I am sorry but u will get passed on the right.
both 96 and 94 are racetracks 5 am in the morning. I have seen people going nearly 100 mph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back